Flash Player On Pandora

fettouhi said:
As I recall, someone "accidentally" forgot to remove the flash plugin from the PND file. That's for the fairly newer versions of Firefox though. If you're using an older one, perhaps it copied the plugin to the appdata directory? I don't know why it would do that, but it might have. Just check the /pandora/appdata/firefox/lib/firefox-something/plugins directory. Delete the file there, as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
fettouhi said:
As I recall, someone "accidentally" forgot to remove the flash plugin from the PND file. That's for the fairly newer versions of Firefox though. If you're using an older one, perhaps it copied the plugin to the appdata directory? I don't know why it would do that, but it might have. Just check the /pandora/appdata/firefox/lib/firefox-something/plugins directory. Delete the file there, as well.

I'm using the Firefox 4.0b10 pnd which should be the latest one as far as I can tell. I can't find any directory called /pandora/appdata/firefox/lib/firefox-something/plugins. I have

/pandora/appdata/firefox/Desktop
/pandora/appdata/firefox/gtk-2.0
/pandora/appdata/firefox/.adobe
/pandora/appdata/firefox/.macromedia
/pandora/appdata/firefox/.mozilla

and I can't find a plugins directory in any of those.

Yeah, that's the newer one where the flash player was "accidentally" left in the PND.
If you really want to disable it, there's a work around. In the /pandora/appdata/firefox directory, create "lib/mozilla/plugins" directory, and inside that create a new, completely blank file named libflashplugin.so
Code:
mkdir /media/<SDCARD>/pandora/appdata/firefox/lib
mkdir /media/<SDCARD>/pandora/appdata/firefox/lib/mozilla
mkdir /media/<SDCARD>/pandora/appdata/firefox/lib/mozilla/plugins
touch /media/<SDCARD>/pandora/appdata/firefox/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplugin.so
replace <SDCARD> with your SD card name

fettouhi said:
hdonk said:
Alerino said:
hdonk, where are you?
Trying to get FF4RC1 to run.

RC2 just hit the web.
I'll try it on my next Pandy. I don't think it'll fix the issue in libxul though, as it was occuring in b11, b12 & RC1, so is almost certainly specific to the Pandora environment. Unfortunately I didn't manage to get a coherent set of debug libraries together before I boomeranged my unit.

This is my first time using Firefox on my Pandora. I got version 4.0b7 and I wonder about the flash support. For me no YouTube video is playing and also no other flash content is working. Do we really have a fully working flash player? What does a flash player really mean? Only playback of flash animations and movies or also execution of flash applications in general? I want to play the games on tetrisfriends.com on my Pandora so bad.

Anyways the libswfdecmozilla.so in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins has a size of only 51k so I doubt it can be a complete "flash player"! Can someone please point me in the right direction here? Do I have to use the plugin from TI? It's a shame that it is only available for those TI approves. I am sure TI wouldn't approve me until I make fictive statements.

Full flash support. Keep youtube videos at 240 and it's fine. You need version 4.0b10 though. Before that you had to install the flash plugin manually. Starting with b10 it was included in the PND.

Now I could manage to find the plugin and replace it. YouTube works and even I was able to start a game on tetrisfriends.com. Unfortunately it is slow as hell, I evaluate the game was about 4 times slower than normal. Simply unplayable.

Please can anyone who has the TI plugin try a game there and tell me how fast it is?

johnnysnet said:
Please can anyone who has the TI plugin try a game there and tell me how fast it is?
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/56799-flash-plugin-for-cortex-a8/page__view__findpost__p__919409

How did you replace the plugin? If you use FF4b10 like I suggested, it already has the TI plugin included (entirely by accident, I am assured) but it isn't appreciably faster now than it was way back in September.

I got a plugin from here. Then I copied this file to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins and renamed the 51k libswfdecmozilla.so file to _libswfdecmozilla.so_ and it was done.

Now I use the latest Firefox version. Ok, then I tried the game already with the TI plugin and there's no need anyone else does that. It is barely faster and still unusable slow.

Back