Flash Player Support

Chromium/Chrome has some form of built-in flash player.

ninja'd by Ptitseb... I miss the ninja smiley face from the old forum.

The pepperflash package in debian only has builds for x64 (amd64). Some work may be needed to pull this out of raspian and bring it over/port it, but if that can be done, doesn't running chromium fix this issue for anyone that wants to play flash games?

The pepperflash package in debian only has builds for x64 (amd64). Some work may be needed to pull this out of raspian and bring it over/port it, but if that can be done, doesn't running chromium fix this issue for anyone that wants to play flash games?
It's literally just an .so file if I recall, so it should be super easy to use it!

Pepperflash is Google, not Adobe. Google releases armhf versions of pepperflash for their Cromebooks.

From what levi said, Debian does not have a armhf package for pepperflash. Debian gets pepperflash by downloading Chrome, unpacking it, and copying out the plugin for use by other browsers (Chromium).

I'm not sure, but I thought the reason why Raspi3 has flash is because (in a similar fashion to the Debian package) someone grabbed the armhf version from Chrome OS:

https://wiki.debian.org/PepperFlashPlayer

Same, video sites aren't a problem (anymore) but spotify is. I think they once had a flash-free implementation but went away from it because they wanted flash's DRM for decoding the songs.
All of the TV catchup sites in the UK I use (BBC iPlayer, 4OD and the ITV one) frustratingly still use Flash. Luckily I use Chrome on every desktop computer I use so I don't have to install that abomination. But it shows there are still some holdouts.

Hmm...is Slackware for the Pandora not in armhf?
Maybe someone can try Pepperflash on Slackware?

@Linux-SWAT had don so many for Slackware and its a realy good Full Fledged Operating OS for running from SD Card on Pandora.

SL4P 14.2 and previous are soft-float, -current and future releases will be hard-float.

I think pepper flash is x86-only.

I looked around, but found only binaries.
Ok, if the source code is available and can be compiled, I can include pepper in the armhf branch.

Back