Flash

pan.man.the.2nd

Still Fresh
Hi, :)

I was wondering, will the Pandora come with Gnash on it? If not, will it have Swfdec?

Also, do Gnash or Swfdec play MiniCilp games?

:pandora1:

yes we will have this tow they allready be available for beagleboard
gnash can play flash 7 app

Gnash will probably work out of the box. And I have a quote for you, from here:QUOTE
Gnash works on many flash files on the internet - though it's not a complete implementation - when I tested it on miniclip.com most of the games worked fine.
And during late 2009 we'll probably have flash 10 working, when adobe is expected to release it for other ARM platforms, and then some smart guy from the community will work on using that binary in the Pandora.

Yod4z said:
yes we will have this tow they allready be available for beagleboard
gnash can play flash 7 app

joseluisjazz said:
Gnash will probably work out of the box. And I have a quote for you, from here:QUOTE
Gnash works on many flash files on the internet - though it's not a complete implementation - when I tested it on miniclip.com most of the games worked fine.
And during late 2009 we'll probably have flash 10 working, when adobe is expected to release it for other ARM platforms, and then some smart guy from the community will work on using that binary in the Pandora.

Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr.Gonzo said:
didn't they say that the last version of flash would be available for all platforms?
or is it just me dreaming?
Aye, you are right.

All platforms != all platform architectures. Flash drivers on x86 Linux won't work on ARM Linux. Having said that I think we are safe, especially with other ARM devices running Linux getting Flash (new Nokia tablets being best bet for Flash 10).

Zeno Arrow said:
Mr.Gonzo said:
didn't they say that the last version of flash would be available for all platforms?
or is it just me dreaming?
Aye, you are right.

All platforms != all platform architectures. Flash drivers on x86 Linux won't work on ARM Linux. Having said that I think we are safe, especially with other ARM devices running Linux getting Flash (new Nokia tablets being best bet for Flash 10).

Aye, I knew about the Nokia stuff, so I was betting on that.

Back