Flashing fails with Superzaxxon final

klapse

Central Scrutinizer
Hi

I have tried flashing Superzaxxon final from SD. CUrrent System is Superzaxxon Release 1,5 beta 5a.

reading boot.scr

5133613 bytes read
## Executing script at 82000000
Wrong image format for "source" command
script failed
Tried two different 64GB Fat32 cards (one full SD, one microSD with adapter). (yes nigel, they are really both FAT32, "mount" reports both as formatted with VFAT.)

I searched the forums for people with similar problems and the only solution found was to use a different SD card. Any other way to install the new OS using the Superzaxxon zipfile?

What tool are you using to do that? I don't recognise the log.

When I last flashed a full OS to SD I just unpacked the tgz file, and knocked up a boot.txt file.

try smaller like 5gigs or so, swear i heard large cards like to fail but that could have been just a old problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you verify that your firmware image is correct? hash check?
Doesnt look like i had a corrupt download... .

pandora:/media/GAMES$ cat rootfs.md5
922b3f70d83dc1fa4b7db0cd5530c18b Angstrom-pandora-xfce-image-glibc-ipk-2010.4-test-20130116-omap3-pandora.ubifs.img
pandora:/media/GAMES$ md5sum rootfs.img
922b3f70d83dc1fa4b7db0cd5530c18b rootfs.img

What tool are you using to do that? I don't recognise the log.

When I last flashed a full OS to SD I just unpacked the tgz file, and knocked up a boot.txt file.
That was using the bootloader (right shoulder button on bootup) and "Install from SD1"

pandora:/media/GAMES$ cat rootfs.md5 922b3f70d83dc1fa4b7db0cd5530c18b Angstrom-pandora-xfce-image-glibc-ipk-2010.4-test-20130116-omap3-pandora.ubifs.img pandora:/media/GAMES$ md5sum rootfs.img 922b3f70d83dc1fa4b7db0cd5530c18b rootfs.img
where did you even find that image?

you need super Zaxxon 1.60 as Linux-Swat mentioned.  

It's the latest file in /firmware/images. I don't know what that's for - I've only used the ones from the fullflash folder to install to SD.

However, it looks like our OP is looking to install *from* SD. There's a package ED makes that you can unpack to an SD card and once booted will reflash your NAND isn't there? The package that I've used (and Linux-SWAT linked) can't be configured to do that as far as I know.

Edit: Looks like it's the UBIFS image you need; namely this flasher and a corresponding img and .md5 file (as per its readme file).  I can't find any .img and .md5 files except the ones in that images folder, and if those don't work then I remain confused.

It's the latest file in /firmware/images. I don't know what that's for - I've only used the ones from the fullflash folder to install to SD.

However, it looks like our OP is looking to install *from* SD. There's a package ED makes that you can unpack to an SD card and once booted will reflash your NAND isn't there? The package that I've used (and Linux-SWAT linked) can't be configured to do that as far as I know.

Edit: Looks like it's the UBIFS image you need; namely this flasher and a corresponding img and .md5 file (as per its readme file).  I can't find any .img and .md5 files except the ones in that images folder, and if those don't work then I remain confused.
Yes, this procedure (unpack zip to SD card, insert SD in slot 1, hold right button while booting and select "Install from SD") is the one I am following.

EDIT: It looks like superzaxxon160.zip has the same filetypes contained as Superzaxxonfinal.zip

bootf.tgz

boot.scr

README.TXT

rootfs.img

rootfs.md5

Okay, you didn't have the latest .img file - according to the filename, yours came from January last year, while there are ones from December in the firmware/images folder like these:

Angstrom-pandora-xfce-image-glibc-ipk-2010.4-test-20131220-omap3-pandora.ubifs.img

Angstrom-pandora-xfce-image-glibc-ipk-2010.4-test-20131220-omap3-pandora.ubifs.img.md5

(I'd link them, but I'm on my phone)

Those put on an SD with the contents of the flasher archive I previously posted has a better chance of working, or at least I'd like to know if that's sufficient to perform a reflash.

Edit: Oh, that zip contained img and md5 files? Perhaps it's not the zip file I was thinking of. I'll check next time I'm at a computer, but in the mean time would suggest using those if they came from an official 1.60 zip, rather than the peculiarly named ones I found.

Back