Fleshchasmer I: The Eve

Q

quasist

FleshChasmer I is a console-style Action-RPG with 3D graphics.
First 3d RPG ever made for gp2x (since egoboo is a port) and ElseWhere just a fake myth.
Runs very well on 200mhz, RamHacked already(so you don't need bother cpuspeed untility).

Just download it and enjoy this piece of action.

The atmosphere of game is similiar to old horrors like Alone In The Dark.
FleshChasmer.png

Download Link

TroubleShooting:
Game on pure SDL, so if you do not recieving sound install these
http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,31,869
On mine gp2x unit FPS drop recieved after using Movie Player - reset helps.

Great job - did you code the 3d engine yourself? If so very impressive.

ruckage said:
Great job - did you code the 3d engine yourself? If so very impressive.
Yeah!
The truth is the renderer and some basis game mechanics I wrote before start of gbax.
Gbax gave me a second breath to finish that game to the complete final stage.

Since it my first C-language project I'm very proud!

Last edited by a moderator:
wow.
this is a really solid, great game.
its nice to see another full 3d hombrew game. as in other than egoboo. which i did not like.
but this is awesome.
the camera is a nice touch.
plus cutscenes.

really great job.

I know I'm being a bit picky here, but your English doesn't seem to be very spectacular, and that kinda shows :(

This has a lot of potential though, and if you could just work out that dialog a bit, this could be really good.

The dialogs and grammar stuff will be corrected in very near future.
For now just please excuse my outlandish barbarian english-like maner of to speak :)
I will release the souce code just after the end of coding competition.

I tried this out last night, the language kind added some humor to it for me.

Can the camera be zoomed out a bit? I felt like it was too close.

Also are you supposed to be beat in the first island level and then morphed into some half man zombie thing?

First off: Amazing game! I like the feel and play overall. The story seems elaborate.

What annoys me is that the camera is sometimes facing into some wall and makes seeing the level and enemies quite difficult, maybe you could tweak that a little.

What I do not understand about this actually great game is: Why the Nazi symbolism? God of Genocide, Swastikas as magic effect when you use the "blessing" spell, characters talking about the "blessing of cleansing"? Oh, and the god is named code88 which implies "code Heil Hitler" in this context... 88 is a common synonym for Heil Hitler of Neonaziy all around the globe.

I imagine this is intentional, though I doubt that you are a neonazi yourself, I really don't think this belongs into a computer game... at least not if the heroes themselves are supposed to be nazis. Or is this just sort of an intro to the game which explains how the enemy gets summoned?

I really like this. The engine is brilliant and gives excellent scope for future games. It definitely had that alone in the dark style feel which is great. Although I never liked the way the camera switched around. I was fumbling around sometimes like when you move the camera changes then you carry on in the same direction and end up going back....hard to explain. If you've played it you know.

Currently as I guess it was for the competition I am not really sure about the story and dialog...whore? Not needed. I'm not one to be offended and I normally do the offending but it just felt wrong.

But other than that this is great. Some outstanding entries this year.

semyaza said:
I am not really sure about the story and dialog...whore? Not needed. I'm not one to be offended and I normally do the offending but it just felt wrong.
I was giggling when I read that dialogue :p

xnopasaranx said:
What I do not understand about this actually great game is: Why the Nazi symbolism? God of Genocide, Swastikas as magic effect when you use the "blessing" spell, characters talking about the "blessing of cleansing"? Oh, and the god is named code88 which implies "code Heil Hitler" in this context... 88 is a common synonym for Heil Hitler of Neonaziy all around the globe.
I believe that all got bothered with pentagrams and upside crosses.
There is also much esoterical stuff in meaning of "Swastikas". So when so-named "Code88"(not his real name) gains ability magic in our world he need some magic basis for enchanting spell-effects.

Halobane is nazi and he gets eaten...

Tsis Auq(based somehow on my nickname) is a great Witch Hunter so he spokes harshly to any female creature.

Vurlach is just likes stilish clothing.

Saintteeth is a mystic swordsman and doesn't have interest in any else than swords.

Any other character types is just stereotypes and made in way to look bright in the gloomy dark atmosphere of the game. "Infidels" are refers to code88's target, which was targeted by halobanes' will (he only one who was enogh mind-stable when summoning happend). There is no racical stuff in this game. Just some gothic scent of it. It is homebrew.

But really I should add some "18+" specification or "Parental Advisory" :)

Ah okay. No problem then! I was just a little puzzled as I said... not really offended. So the genocide guy IS actually the bad guy. Well... shoulda have pm'ed you without making a fuzz. It was only that nazi theme that made me wonder. I think swearing is not that bad, I do it all the time ^^.

This is pretty great, and I personally kind of like the wobbly camera, even though at some parts it does indeed do funny things to your game character... Still though, the camera is pretty artistic this way. :)

Little bug-ish report:
At one point, it says "Press Z to climb the ladder", which should actually be "Press Stick Click to climb the ladder".

I wonder how much playvalue this game has, timewise, though.. These 'cutscenes' look as if they require quite a bit of planning and coding.

kardasan said:
How about porting Silent Hill this way xD
Make special topic for this discussion. Otherwise it makes no sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZDzsFBAtss
Finally there have appeared over the internet some gameplay demonstration video.

Weights more than the game itself. :)

I think the graphics of your game are impressive, the 3D engine is very nice.
But the gameplay lacks a lot of tuning:
The camera is to wobbly and doesn`t really show the action (i.e. walls cover the view), enemies keep spawning at me every second, I dunno where to go, I dunno what to do, I can`t save and die too fast.
Maybe thats just me.

I`ll give this 4/5 for graphics, -1 for the bad camera, and 2/5 for gameplay.

quasist said:
xnopasaranx said:
I believe that all got bothered with pentagrams and upside crosses.
There is also much esoterical stuff in meaning of "Swastikas". So when so-named "Code88"(not his real name) gains ability magic in our world he need some magic basis for enchanting spell-effects.

Halobane is nazi and he gets eaten...

Tsis Auq(based somehow on my nickname) is a great Witch Hunter so he spokes harshly to any female creature.

Vurlach is just likes stilish clothing.

Saintteeth is a mystic swordsman and doesn't have interest in any else than swords.

Any other character types is just stereotypes and made in way to look bright in the gloomy dark atmosphere of the game. "Infidels" are refers to code88's target, which was targeted by halobanes' will (he only one who was enogh mind-stable when summoning happend). There is no racical stuff in this game. Just some gothic scent of it. It is homebrew.

But really I should add some "18+" specification or "Parental Advisory" :)

Better don't try to sell this game here in germany ;) Even on little swastika in a game let it land on the Index or even worse. The USK and overall the BPjM has absolutely zero sense of humor so better be careful ^^""

Nice game. 3D on GP2X always is very nice to see. I haven't much played yet but the game seems to be good. But I'm more fighting with the camera angles and the movement than with enemies, a little more zoomed out camera could be useful but I know it's just a beta.

Back