Fleshchasmer I

yodaofborg

Assimilated you will be!
Website
Visit site
What can I say about this game? Its quite cool, if you know how to grind a char in a RPG based game, then this is for you! It might throw some *action gamers* off the plot, but to a classic RPG gamer, I love this game. Its quite polished too (except for the authors English, but its no worse than "All your base are belong to us." so, whatever, it adds feeling to the game) it has a story, and guns.

The fact that you have to take care of yer guns and blades is a touch I like, all in all this is a good role playing game. You can make your *aviator* a lot faster, stronger, and the way magic grows, is just cool.

Some camera angles are a bitch, and could use some options, like, being able to zoom out and in. the zoom level can be too close at times, and if you don't have the map turned on, eh, but once turned on I find it very playable.

Graphics : 7/10 (would be 9 with adjustable camera stuff)
Sound : 9/10 (would only be better with speech, heh)
Replay : 7/10 (like any RPG, once you done it you done it, but there might be summink you missed)
Story : 6/10 (Hard to understand, but once you do, its not bad)

Overall I give this game 29/40, but if you can stand "there is no up, the enemy gate is down!" this game is for you.

yodaofborg
Thanks for a neat review.

The "custom" camera mode is currently adding.
In a day or two I'll release a new version as well as the souce code.

I admire the amount of work that went into making this game. Did you use some libraries or did you do the 3D drawing, modeling, and animation yourself?

If the camera was always behind the player (moving toward more vertical when a wall is in the way), that would make the game much more enjoyable.

I find the minimap difficult to read or interpret. Between those two things, I haven't made it out of the maze of passages at the beginning of the game yet.

I hope you keep at it, you're the gp2x RPG artist!

This game really impressed me, possibly more than anything else in the compo. For me it scores points for ambition and execution. Really a fantastic effort and something which I believe takes gp2x homebrew to a new level.

The engrish is hilarious at times and adds to the overall charm of the game.

Well done quasist, I really cant wait to see what you come up with next using the engine you made for this game.

I've made it through some levels, only with a crappy knive because the pistol is out of ammo since a while. I have ammo but not the weapon for it. XD Well, I should switch the class even if I'm loosing some exp. The game is not much fun only with a small knive in the hand and it gets weaker after a while so Oil is needed as "ammo" :lol:

Well, I fighted and fighted to empty an area out of enemies to have free time to explore the treasures... it took me a while to realize, that enemies do infinite respawning!!! :lol: -mean!

Yes, camera angles are horrible and the minimap is nearly useless and the player chara moves slow like an Zombie but the game itself is impressive for homework project. 3D engine, leveling system, complex story, cut Scenes... how long did you work on all that, quasist ?

i hate spiders :) they killing me. i must use trainer version :)
nice work quasist.

btw: its possible release editor for textures ? i read another thread about pixel editor on gp2x and yours looking really good.

All editor functions was disabled in gbax version to prevent user from "corrupting" the game data.

I will not make any other games on that engine. Since already writting complete new game engine, with multiplayer and much more intense gameplay.

Finally got a chance to play this, interesting 3D Action RPG :)

Glad to hear there's more on the way too!

quasist: i think your work is very impressive. i played 'chasmer for a few hours and liked the experience. it has a very freaky atmosphere but with touch of humour, bravo =) and the story, engine and everything else must have cost a lot of time. wow!

technically i'd say that the resolution is too low. but i'm an oldschool demo nut and always go on about those things!

keep up the good work. the news about your improved engine sounds yummy! =))

Nice work, and always nice to see source releases!

Seems you also stirred up a comment from Don Miguel, must be a pretty impressive release!

Back