FLU - Dustfix?

hiroziro

Still Fresh
So Ive had my GP32 FLU for a few weeks now and I have just begun to notice that 'dust problems' that everyone has been talking about.

I also noticed that the way the FLU is mounted to the GP leaves a tiny amount of space around the edges of it (most noticeable when the unit is on and light can be seen emitting from these edges).

Has anyone tried sealing these edges up with some sort of plastic sealent (like caulking?) Im tempted to do so on mine as I think this will limit the dust intake greatly, but thought I'd ask before I go down the dark road...

HZ :ph34r:

You could remove the grey frame around the LCD and put some tape around it so that it fits better, then just put it back, that should prevent dust from getting in that way. But dust also seems to creep in from inside theGP32 (The thumbstick is a problem). :( If you have a FLU there is a small hole where the wires go, that hole is a bit of troublemaker, I sealed mine with some silicone glue. If you remove the grey frame and the scratch shield, be VERY carfull when you clean the ribbed plastic underneath (FLU) it is VERY delicate and very easy to scratch even with just your hand.

Animator75 -

This sounds great - thanks for the detailed info, gonna give it a try later this week.

I tried electrical tape but that was too thick so I used regular office tape, you might also need thin double sided tape to fasten the frame again. I don't know how it is fastened on a non FLU but if you have one with FLU it is just dubbelsided tape. But I think you can just use a little "too much" tape around the frame and push it back with a little force and it will stick in place. :)

Back