For All Those Perterbed About The Bank Issues

Phawx

Professional Derailer
Can we (The Pandora Community) know how many more Pandora's are available? I only bought 2 and I would like to buy more. So the people that don't want to bother with this whole charge-back shenanigans, I want the Pandora dev team to know, I will buy more. I'd like another two.

So a total of four.

I suppose if a re-order is necessary and those involved don't respond within a given time period those Pandoras would likely be up for grabs.

Phawx said:
Can we (The Pandora Community) know how many more Pandora's are available? I only bought 2 and I would like to buy more. So the people that don't want to bother with this whole charge-back shenanigans, I want the Pandora dev team to know, I will buy more. I'd like another two.

So a total of four.
u smell the same as an Ebay £800 reseller :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I wasn't going to eBay any of them. Where I work, there a quite a few 20-30 somethings that all love tech and gaming and they are developers. I showed them the device awhile ago, but because they were renders they said they could wait.

I know I would be able to sell it to them at what it cost me and in worst case scenario is didn't work out THAN I could eBay

Phawx said:
Actually, I wasn't going to eBay any of them. Where I work, there a quite a few 20-30 somethings that all love tech and gaming and they are developers. I showed them the device awhile ago, but because they were renders they said they could wait.

I know I would be able to sell it to them at what it cost me and in worst case scenario is didn't work out THAN I could eBay
if they developers than even better

the logistics of putting the ones which were turned down up for sale ago sound horrible. I doubt it will happen

I'm with Kyosys, as much as i'd like the idea to perhaps order another one for xmas presents or what not, it's just adding more trouble to a complicated issue.

Hello Pandora community! (I am reading a lot but don't write very offen)
That's a good idea from Phawx.
I have pre ordered only one Pandora (for me) but now I would like to offer another one to my wife.
I understand that some of you are perturbed by all of this refund concern and are now willing to wait for the second batch.

I am not sure that it would be so difficult to reassign those Pandoras (on condition those are not that numerous).

I only hope that there are not to much people on the queue :)

I'd be all about picking up a second Pandora as a Christmas present for my brother, but let's slow down a minute.

There's no guarantee at this point that craigix will need to change banks
There's no guarantee at this point that a bank change will result in refunds/re-orders
There's no guarantee at this point that anyone's going to abandon their preorder if it does
There's no guarantee at this point that abandoned preorders will be resold.

Y'all are a bunch of buzzards. Let's wait until there's something to grab before we start staking claims.

Phawx said:
Eff that!

FIRST!

Did you read the terms and conditions? Any buzzards will have their pre-orders cancelled. Honest.

I'm not with Kyo, I've never met him, ;) but I agree that offering canceled units up for sale could result in massive demand for a small number of units and could be a nightmare

TaG said:
Did you read the terms and conditions? Any buzzards will have their pre-orders cancelled. Honest.
In that case I would like to politely relinquish my attempts of buzzardy.

Well the true goal of manufacturing all those Pandoras is to make money. Making them and hording them all to himself is a sure fire way to go out business. If extra Pandoras become available from cancelled orders he can always hold a draw or a must buy into the Developers Fund.

TaG said:
I'm not with Kyo, I've never met him, ;) but I agree that offering canceled units up for sale could result in massive demand for a small number of units and could be a nightmare

Haha, now that I re-read it, it does sound strange. But be careful Tag, next time you post something I completely agree with, I may say i'm with you too!

_Sterling said:
There's no guarantee at this point that craigix will need to change banks
Craig stated that his current bank wont allow the growth options this new bank will, so he did and already is switching.

DisgruntleElf said:
Well the true goal of manufacturing all those Pandoras is to make money. Making them and hording them all to himself is a sure fire way to go out business. If extra Pandoras become available from cancelled orders he can always hold a draw or a must buy into the Developers Fund.

OR the devs could just hang on to the extras for warranty spares, or sell them alongside the second batch when the time comes. They have FAR bigger concerns to tend to before bothering with selling off a few cancelled orders. The also hardly seem to be in it JUST for a quick money grab so give 'em a break. B)

I really don't see why this is a big deal, I mean, if the orders have to be cancelled, they have to be cancelled. Shit happens. Instead of Craig and Co. just saying "Oh well, tough luck" he is steping and upgrading all the Pandoras for something that may only affect a small number of orders. I think that if there isn't some major issue in another area due to the new RAM size, this should be great news to everyone.

I know I will happily re-order if it affects me. No offense, but due to the history of this company, everyone should have expected something like this to happen. They are a small company who have to jump over hurdles that bigger companies don't usually worry about. Everyone just needs to chill, all will be worked out in due time. :p

IMO there is really nothing to worry about. I don't see the big deal with having to re-enter my information as long as I'm notified in a timely manner that I need to do this.

I kinda hate digging up Craig's posts like this (it must be tiring having every post treated as gospel) but here goes anyway. From the "Stock Gonna Be Like Wii?" thread:

craigix said:
There is still big demand now to get on the preorder list, and closer to the time we may have some extra slots available from people who have canceled orders or from orders which turned out to be fake (always some).
So there may be some extra units up for grabs, but if you're asking for one now, you're probably way too late. ;)

Back