For Those Wondering.. My 2x Didn't Arrive Yet :(

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
EDIT: See below for more details; back on track!

(The reason I'm posting this, is because the gp2x I'm getting was paid for by members of this community; I'm not _just_ a wanker ;)

I was going to PM the 10 or so people who kicked in, but thought.. hell with it :)

jr2 popped it into USPS (US Postal Service) for its destination (Toronto, Canada) a good 3 weeks or so ago, so I imagined it would've been here ages ago.. however, it eing Christmas I suppose big delays could well be expected - especially with the USPS which is renowned for being slow. Still.. I do worry..

Anyway, I just wanted to post about it so those fine folks who kicked in wouldn't be wondering whatever happened, wondering if I'm just taking and sitting on my fingers. jr2 collected the cash, sent out the package, and now we're just waiting...

I imagine with Christmas over the next few days, and maybe even New Years, that not a lot will get done next week.. still, I hope next week will be fruitfull, or by worst case the following week; if it passes 5 weeks I'm sure I'll start harassing everyone I can :) Course, I have this week and next off, so it woudl really be bloody nice if it'd show up soon ;)

Anyway, Merry Christmas all, and don't sweat it :)

jeff

skeezix posted on Dec 23 2005 at 07:24 PM said:
(The reason I'm posting this, is because the gp2x I'm getting was paid for by members of this community; I'm not _just_ a wanker ;)

I was going to PM the 10 or so people who kicked in, but thought.. hell with it :)

jr2 popped it into USPS (US Postal Service) for its destination (Toronto, Canada) a good 3 weeks or so ago, so I imagined it would've been here ages ago.. however, it eing Christmas I suppose big delays could well be expected - especially with the USPS which is renowned for being slow. Still.. I do worry..

Anyway, I just wanted to post about it so those fine folks who kicked in wouldn't be wondering whatever happened, wondering if I'm just taking and sitting on my fingers. jr2 collected the cash, sent out the package, and now we're just waiting...

I imagine with Christmas over the next few days, and maybe even New Years, that not a lot will get done next week.. still, I hope next week will be fruitfull, or by worst case the following week; if it passes 5 weeks I'm sure I'll start harassing everyone I can :) Course, I have this week and next off, so it woudl really be bloody nice if it'd show up soon ;)

Anyway, Merry Christmas all, and don't sweat it :)

jeff

Are you sure it didn't get nicked by someoone at the post office? It shouldn't take that long. Hope it was insured. That sucks. No GP2X for you and no CaSTaway for us :(

Last edited by a moderator:
We should have donated enough for fedex 2nd-day air or something.

we need devs like skeezix helping out, I just hope he gets it soon.

I know I'd pitch in $10 if he can get my Descent: the definitive collection(tm) running on the GP2X.

it was paid for by the community? thats cool. where did you order it from why not contact them see if theyve actually sent it yet?

As above...why cant you contact the place it was ordered from and get a tracking number etc?

Maybe a good idea as itmay have got lost in the post.

Theres no tracking with USPS for cross-border; ie: In the past, they did it and it was alays one line "Detroit, handed over to Canada" :p I don't think it was insured or the like.

Hopefully it'll come along in a week or two, or else I'll get one another way; I wrote a puzzle game (Manticore) for thanks to everyone for the 2x, and I've got CaSTaway first alpha ready to go in theory, and Retrocade and Descent part way there, and a few other things... One of these days :)

DaveC - it'll happen eventually; you know I live for CaSTaway/STonX/Hatari and my own TOS emu :)

jeff

Paradox posted on Dec 23 2005 at 10:20 PM said:
it was paid for by the community? thats cool. where did you order it from why not contact them see if theyve actually sent it yet?
He says he did that and they sent it. ;)

Damn, didn't think my GP2X would arrive before yours! :( That really shouldn't take three weeks, I think you should make some angry phone calls.

Kayday posted on Dec 23 2005 at 09:13 PM said:
Time for a Christmas miracle.

What, another one? Jesus doesn't come cheap, you know.

Anyway, yeah, too bad about your 2X, hope it gets to you soon.

skeezix posted on Dec 23 2005 at 10:54 PM said:
Theres no tracking with USPS for cross-border; ie: In the past, they did it and it was alays one line "Detroit, handed over to Canada" :p I don't think it was insured or the like.

Hopefully it'll come along in a week or two, or else I'll get one another way; I wrote a puzzle game (Manticore) for thanks to everyone for the 2x, and I've got CaSTaway first alpha ready to go in theory, and Retrocade and Descent part way there, and a few other things... One of these days :)

DaveC - it'll happen eventually; you know I live for CaSTaway/STonX/Hatari and my own TOS emu :)

jeff

I remember when I sold you a GP32 BLU it arrived in a week not three. Time to file a claim or something.

hey DaveC .. you need to do a glassmod gp2x for me :)

If it doesn't show up in the next week, I'll bug craig or gp32z to overnight me a darned unit, and work it out later :p I'm a little harder up this year than last, but some things need to be done :p

jeff

Apparently the unit has been located .. it was 'RTS' (return to sender) due to some mischief at the border; so a month later it can be resent.. hopefully via UPS or FedEx this time. Cost me an extra $20 or so at the border no doubt, but it shoudl arrive :p I wonder if Christmas at the border, after 9/11, is a problem :/

jeff

Back