For Those Wondering.. My 2x Didn't Arrive Yet :(

skeezix posted on Dec 31 2005 at 12:38 PM said:
Apparently the unit has been located .. it was 'RTS' (return to sender) due to some mischief at the border; so a month later it can be resent.. hopefully via UPS or FedEx this time. Cost me an extra $20 or so at the border no doubt, but it shoudl arrive :p I wonder if Christmas at the border, after 9/11, is a problem :/

jeff
Doesn't that figure :angry:

I got my second GP2X from Dynamism like 5 days after I ordered it. If you were closer I'd just lend you mine! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
skeezix posted on Dec 31 2005 at 08:25 PM said:
Well, it _is_ GPH so while you're guiding the missile into Iraq somewhere, it actually hits Wyoming =)

jeff
Not if you've written the guiding program yourself. ;)

skeezix posted on Dec 31 2005 at 06:25 PM said:
Well, it _is_ GPH so while you're guiding the missile into Iraq somewhere, it actually hits Wyoming =)

jeff

Well yeah that would actually happen, it would miss the intended target because of the over-sensitive diagonals :p

skeezix posted on Dec 23 2005 at 03:24 PM said:
(The reason I'm posting this, is because the gp2x I'm getting was paid for by members of this community; I'm not _just_ a wanker ;)

I was going to PM the 10 or so people who kicked in, but thought.. hell with it :)

jr2 popped it into USPS (US Postal Service) for its destination (Toronto, Canada) a good 3 weeks or so ago, so I imagined it would've been here ages ago.. however, it eing Christmas I suppose big delays could well be expected - especially with the USPS which is renowned for being slow. Still.. I do worry..

Anyway, I just wanted to post about it so those fine folks who kicked in wouldn't be wondering whatever happened, wondering if I'm just taking and sitting on my fingers. jr2 collected the cash, sent out the package, and now we're just waiting...

I imagine with Christmas over the next few days, and maybe even New Years, that not a lot will get done next week.. still, I hope next week will be fruitfull, or by worst case the following week; if it passes 5 weeks I'm sure I'll start harassing everyone I can :) Course, I have this week and next off, so it woudl really be bloody nice if it'd show up soon ;)

Anyway, Merry Christmas all, and don't sweat it :)

jeff

Hey Skeezix,

I'm in TO too; up in North York (Jane and Finch ...). I just thought I'd say hey. Where are you located ? I got my gp2x a week ago from GBAX.

I know your horrors with USPS. In fact, I've been waiting for a delivery since before the holidays as well.

Good luck with it!

Canadian customs must be a nightmare. Every year I hear a dozen reports from canadians that order stuff from right across the boarder her and it takes up to a month to get to them due to this "Canada Triangle" at the boarder.

USPS has always been sluggish, but the border hasn't been too too bad in the past .. it is remarkable that I've sent stuff to Belgium faster than to New York City though :p

Thr current status looks good; the package has been re-shipped, via FedEx, so it should be bloody-well faster, and can be tracked the whole way. Whew!

Its Wed now so doubtful it'll be here Friday.. but possibly? Certainly early next week, worst case.

It might take me a few days to get up to speed, especially with life events going on (tied up most days next week) .. but should finally be able to get to the actoin soon.. couple months late is better than never, though I must say.. its stressful watching from the sidelines! :p

If only it'd arrived before Xmas.. but maybe just as well.. I used the vacation time to chill out instead of coding for 10 hours a day ;)

jeff

Jan 3, 2006 10:31 PM

Picked up

BREA, CA

Package received after FedEx cutoff

10:31 PM

At local FedEx facility

BREA, CA

6:09 PM

Picked up

BREA, CA

I wonder what a cut-off is; a cut-off for yesterday, but good to day I hope :p

FedEx service is great compared to UPS. I hate them so much. You might get it Friday because FedEx (my experience) usually delivers it earlier than the schedule date.

We'll see.. from yesterday to today, it got no updates at all.. whatever that 'exception' is. *sigh*

One hopes that tomorrow it hits the border, and then on Friday gets shipped to my door; if tracking shows this, I'll phone them up and ask for them to hold it for pickup and score it on the way home friday, or get it on monday morning when they open.

But if the border holds it, or if this 'exception' means something else.. I'll shoot myself.

jeff

*g*

At least I can yell at someone, and the package can't likely get lost :)

I just know it'll take 2 weeks more, and thus end up being a full 8 week process :)

jeff

*g*

At least I can yell at someone, and the package can't likely get lost :)

I just know it'll take 2 weeks more, and thus end up being a full 8 week process :)

jeff

Exception means that something was supposed to happen "except" it didn't. That means in plain english "delay"

"Departed Los Angeles"; alright, so hopefully it'll hit the border today, and maybe get shipped out friday or monday to my place. Soon... my precious.

jeff

Mines on FedEx now, so I've been checking the website; looks like its supposed to be on track to my house tomorrow, assuming it crosses the border without delay. I called 'em up and suggested I'd picm it up and so instead of being on thre truck all day till 5pom, then getting it Monday.. they'll hold it for me at 10am tomorrow morning so I can just drive over and score it.

Lets hope the border duty guys just let it go through unharassed :)

jeff

Lets hope the border duty guys just let it go through unharassed :)

rofl, i can imagine it now..

guard: "anythin' to declare?"
you: "no."
g: "guns? drugs? natural gas? animals? children? illegal immigrants? nuclear warheads?"
y: "no.. >.>"
g: "phew. GP2X's?"
y: "errr.........."
g: "i'm gonna have to harass that gp2x there."
y: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! BUT I MUST CREATE SUPERIOR APPLICATIOONNSS!!!"

yeah. it would happen just like that. i had to get mine redelivered, so it's arriving tomorrow. yay! :lol:

Back