Free GCW's For Devs

qbertaddict

Website
www.youtube.com
Hello I have a few gcw's that I would be willing to donate to some devs provided they work on the system and actually produce something. I am also selling gcw's for $90 + shipping.

More than one year ago i partecipated in Kickstarter campaign....but never received my unit.

Now don't know if i would develop something on this.

Hello I have a few gcw's that I would be willing to donate to some devs provided they work on the system and actually produce something. I am also selling gcw's for $90 + shipping.
Could you specify "actually produce something"? If I would have a gcw0, I would probably try to port some of my stuff to it, but I'm not sure I want to have the "pressure" to have to produce something.

Could you specify "actually produce something"? If I would have a gcw0, I would probably try to port some of my stuff to it, but I'm not sure I want to have the "pressure" to have to produce something.
Pretty much what _wb_ said.

I've created stuff for pc, GP2X, Wiz, Caanoo, webOS, iOS, Android, Pandora, OUYA and GameStick. But there has never been "pressure" to actually produce something - I always have, but there are never any guarantees.

Despite the wording, it's still very good of you to offer this opportunity though. I'm too busy at the moment or I would have taken you up on this offer.

BTW $90 sounds like a very good deal :)

Hm, I did stuff for the GCW. A OPK Manager with download functionality (a bit like PND Manager, but smaller), I ported Puzzletube (Preinstalled game) and Snowman. Furthermore I made a text editor and C4A-Manager especially for the GCW (from which Caanoo and others benefit, too).

However I will not do any further GCW-only work (just fixing bugs in the existing applications), but of course continue releasing all my stuff to the GCW, too.

This means the GCW is dying as very very very few devs developing stuff for it?

If that's the case, thanks god I didn't pick up one :)

What good is it if no devs interested in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
TBH it's probably too late in the day to save it, even if devs were interested now. I don't know how many devs got machines in the beginning to get the ball rolling, but I suspect not too many. And with its long, drawn out production any initial interest that was there has probably waned as it doesn't seem to replace current devices.

It's a shame, as it looks like a capable machine. A case of too little, too late, methinks :(

Well, it's now easily available from stock from my shop now, and it seems like that'll continue from now on.

So it should get better now :)

Back