Free Launcher Won't Load

Crono

Still Fresh
First of all, I put a Game Gear/Master System emulator on and when I chose a ROM, I accidentally pressed select which caused it to re-scan the directory - then it froze (i.e. it never did anything) So I turned it off and now when I turn it back on, the screen flickers and Free Launcher won't load at all...

Also I have taken the Emulator off and other things put the other stuff back on (without the emulator) and it still doesn't load...

Then I tried taking off the GP32 Launcher and putting it back on... but the problem still remains the same :(.

Any suggestions?

Or just using the built in "scan for errors" feature. I think you can get to it by going to PC-LINK with no cable plugged in or something. But someone who uses the oficial firmware more may know better. (For everything except GPcinema, I use Pacrom and WindUps)

Mosch posted on Feb 20 2004 at 01:28 PM said:
Have you tried completely formatting your SMC?
Haven't tried that - will it wipe off everything? As I've made a back-up for Movie Park and the Launcher. Perhaps I should do that.

Or just using the built in "scan for errors" feature.

Never saw that, I'll have a look in a mo.

Last edited by a moderator:
mallrat37 posted on Feb 20 2004 at 02:28 PM said:
does it actually boot at all ???

if not... it could be your batteries
Good point. I always forget to mention this one, but it IS a fairly frequent problem.

There is for FLU users, its called "shit, my flu's just gone off, wheres that save game funcion", or "shit, my flu's flickering, why did it have to do this half way through a firmware upgrade".

I've put in a fresh set of batteries - and the screen flicker goes. But I still can't use Free Launcher. Weird.

Tobriand posted on Feb 20 2004 at 04:13 PM said:
Very true. But you can usually get a vague estimate based on how flickery the screen is.
I get absolutly no "warning" :( Screen instanly gets so dim that it is veeeeeeeeeeery hard to see the pic, flu turns off, and buttons stop responding when my batts go out (power light is still full brightness for some reason :huh:)... And the previous second there was no way that I could ever tell that they would go out

So, why can't I load Free Launcher? should I fully format my SMC card? Then transfer the Free Launcher file back on?

That's what I would suggest. Backup anything important you have on it, then format it. Go step by step. First install Freeloader, try it out. If it works: Install the other programs. I don't think any GP32 progs could actually disable the Freeloader, I think something went wrong during the scan.

And if you have a card reader, try the card there, eventhough I do not believe the card is fried.

Back