"Free Launcher"

GGfire posted on May 22 2003 said:
To my knowledge, the game is freeware, so find it on kazaa or something
Nope ... the engine is GPL now, which means source code is open and new variants can be made as long as the source to the original is released. Game data is, I believe, still copyrighted and costs money. The source is so people can play ASCII Doom or Doom on Linux or PocketPC etc. but they still gotta get the WAD files.

Last edited by a moderator:
aharding posted on May 22 2003 said:
yeah at i got it but tbh i think this console is a huge dissapointment so far... :(
I believe that's because you fit into the category of people who want "plug and play" type devices. Just look through this thread... question after question that is already answered in readmes, faqs and other posts.

Listen.... its only around 3 Us dollars for MoviePark....your not breaking the bank. Also you have to be patient with the handheld. Nothing is going to come to you perfectly unless you work at it and take your time.

Ask as many questions as you like....we all can help you...but try not to get frustrated. Remember..this isn't a GBA were you put the game in and play. You NEED to setup your SMC (Harddrive) for it to function the way you like it.

Once you get everything setup...and settled in....you will be rewarded with some pretty cool stuff.

FYI....you can convert movie files using VirtualDub...it works great.

It's like saying "Damn I'm really disappointed with this car, it does nothing" because you haven't learnt how to drive yet. The GBA is like taking a taxi.

QUOTE: It's like saying "Damn I'm really disappointed with this car, it does nothing" because you haven't learnt how to drive yet. The GBA is like taking a taxi.

that doesnt explain why i cant buy movie park

and is also not true: my gp32 doesnt play gameboy colour games which is shit - it was one of the main reasons i wanted it :(

i wish i didnt read the gbax review :(

it doesnt even play movies :angry:

**ADDED**

sorry i dont mean to flame anyone or piss anyone off im just not a patient person - did you know i had to pay like £40 for duty charges and other taxes :angry: bloody government

could someone possibly just send me movie park? - it just says i need to register my gp32 :angry:

If you are a beginner,
Follow this step to use MoviePark application!
¡é
Download & Install GP32 Registration Wizard <------- WHERE!!!??????
¡é
Connection GP32 - PC
¡é
Execute GP32 Registration Wizard
¡é
Insert website ID & Password, Click registration
¡é
your GP32 Registration is Completed!
¡é
Download & Install MoviePark application

im just really frustrated :( - im going to cool off and watch some telly :(

EDIT***

I REGISTERED IT!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Praise the Lord, you registered it!! Its a miracle!!!

No not really.....its called patience....

"it doesnt even play movies :)"

Yes, it plays movies. At least I think thats what those thingy's are that play on my moviepark.

Aharding, I know you said you are not a patient person.....well neither am I, but you just have to relax and take one step at a time. If something doesn't work, figure out why on your own. If you can't read a FAQ guide or ask one of us.
I believe you will enjoy this system, as long as you remember one thing. The amount of hard work and determination you put in to make your own GP32 great is of your own consequence.

If you really don't care to work on the system....you will be forever stuck.
Again .....let me stress to you (aharding) that I will be willing to give you help with the setup. My AIM is TJFBryant..and my email is TJFBryant@aol.com. If I can't help...then by all means use this help forum.

aharding posted on May 22 2003 said:
I now have one of those strange battery drainers :) - I can only play doom on it, i should have brought an old DOS comp.
Let me know how that old DOS computer fits in your pocket, will ya?

Aharding, don't take personal offense to this, but I'm about to make an example out of you.

If anyone wants to know why the GP32 is doomed for failure, read this thread again. The "average Joe" is both impatient and a moron. He refuses to read the readme's, the sticky n00b guide, the faq site, and any of the other help sites, documents, and articles which have been written. Aharding, you are going to find nothing but problems and frustration with your gp32, and I highly suggest you put it up for sale on eBay while it's still new.

;) aharding get rid of your annoying 'avator' (i thinks that what its called) thats next to your name on forums (the dancing woman thing i think). I was on the computers at school checking the forums and teachers kept coming over and checking i wasn't on a site that should b filtered! please get rid of it so i can check the forums every chance i get at school ehehe which is often considering our school has just 400 computers that can be accessed at any time means i can check hourly :D

Indeed the GP32 is more oriented toward savy users. It is not like a GameBoy where you simply just stick a cartridge and thats it. Unless of course you start to do homebrew software on your GB and use some linker. Well it will be similar to the people that use PDA and go on the net to download and install new software on it. The only big problem with the free launcher from everything i have read is that sometime the registration screw up. Either because the server is down, or peope made typo, etc... It can be very frustrating since you cant get any of the 3rd party software to work 8-(. I hope Gamepark can find some way to streamline this process and make it more easy and bulletproof.

Back