Free To Use Artwork For Development

Vynx

Fractal artwork created by myself which can be used in games, applications, programs, themes or mods. Over 200 images are included in this pack, and larger resolution images can be created at request. Please see the readme file for further details :)

All artwork has been rendered at the GP2X's natural resolution.

alone6up.jpg

http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,23,1589

Enjoy! :)

(This artwork was created over the space of 1 year, I didn't just whip all this stuff up overnight, you can see most of this artwork and others at my DeviantArt gallery: http://lordieth.deviantart.com/)

The close bracket is being included in the link, btw.

Thanks for the images, too. Very nice.

Edit: Forgot to ask, I'm at work so can't download the archive to see if they're contained in it, but are the deviantART images free for us to use aswell?

Cheers

Oops, fixed :ph34r:

They look much better at higher resolutions, so as i've said, if anyone wants me to render any of the fractals at higher resolutions (1024x768 or below) just send a PM my way detailing what you need the image/s for. :)

Wite_Noiz: Most of the images are included, but I havn't included every one in this version of the pack (some are missing due to a hard drive crash last year so I couldn't render those ones today, and I just got online so i'll include those ones I missed at a later date)

Any fractal image in my deviantart gallery can be used, as long as credit is given. Only the fractal images though. ;)

really nice :),

little question: how long does it take to render one at 1280 by 1024?
I like alot of your fractals on deviantart both most of them are at 800x600, like the rest of deviantart :(.

I like alot of your fractals on deviantart both most of them are at 800x600, like the rest of deviantart :(.

It depends on the fractal. It could take 10 minutes. It could take several hours. Each one uses different algorithms, so each one will take a different amount of time depending on the formula complexity.

I've had some running all night to get them finished, but luckily those ones are few and far between.

Last edited by a moderator:

It depends on the fractal. It could take 10 minutes. It could take several hours. Each one uses different algorithms, so each one will take a different amount of time depending on the formula complexity.

I've had some running all night to get them finished, but luckily those ones are few and far between.

Thank you very much!! You don't know how usable it might be!
You are very generous so again thanks! :)

It's very fun to blend, distort and shift such images in realtime. You will be in credits in my apps/games if I will use one of those great images.

Keep good work!! :D

Thank you very much!! You don't know how usable it might be!
You are very generous so again thanks! :)

It's very fun to blend, distort and shift such images in realtime. You will be in credits in my apps/games if I will use one of those great images.

Keep good work!! :D

Awsome, I look forward to seeing some of them being used :)

Hmm... have you ever thought of doing level design? ;)

It's always something to consider I guess :) I'd love to be able to just go nuts with level design, from enemies to the overall feel, and explore what I could come up with. Sadly I have little GP2X programming experience at the moment, but I am familiar with C++ and I plan to learn to use SDL sometime soon.

Back