NLS said:
*checks www.isitfriday.biz*
Still not Friday :(
According to http://isitthursday.org/ it is still thursday :(
I don't think so :)
http://isitfriday.org/

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Craig, any chances of seeing some factory pics of the "rev.3" test cases today before/after they ship out? Also, I'm guessing you and Michael have seen the factories progress over the last several weeks(thru confrence calls, ect.), how is the finish quality looking thru the pics and videos that you have seen?

Chris

Yeah, Friday!!!!, My next day i going to Work is Monday, i have 2 Free Days, Yippy!! and the Case schould be send out to, in peking it is 21.45, at the evening, so they should be done.. :D

The wait is even more excruciating since my laptop exploded. I'm fighting the urge to buy a netbook left right and centre now. GET BACK YE DEMONS!

Sugar_Kane said:
The wait is even more excruciating since my laptop exploded. I'm fighting the urge to buy a netbook left right and centre now. GET BACK YE DEMONS!

Don't buy a netbook, buy two Pandoras instead!

I don't think that would solve the issue of not having a laptop whilst waiting for the Pandora...

Pleng said:
I don't think that would solve the issue of not having a laptop whilst waiting for the Pandora...
Neither would a netbook. Seriously, those things are slow for their price. Granted, you can run a lightweight Linux on one and expect somewhat decent performance but it's in no way a real laptop replacement (just like the Pandora isn't; it competes more with UMPCs than with laptops).

I completely lost assurance of success.
Only promises "should arrive soon" etc...
2 weeks no any new information...

Yep, and if history operates as a predictor, we could have a green light as early as Tuesday evening (-5:00 GMT) or sometime Wednesday. This operates in the assumption that they do in fact get shipped today. Because it takes 3-5 business days to get to Canada, and Saturday counts as a business day in China. (Fingers crossed)

Those early MWeston pics - are they Pandora prototypes or are they the handheld MWeston was working on himself before joining the Pandora project?

I like the extra buttons: diamond, tip down triangle. :lol: Could've used also the + (plus) sign. :D

j6cubic said:
Pleng said:
Neither would a netbook. Seriously, those things are slow for their price. Granted, you can run a lightweight Linux on one and expect somewhat decent performance but it's in no way a real laptop replacement (just like the Pandora isn't; it competes more with UMPCs than with laptops).

Depends what he wants it for.

Anyway it does a lot better job at solving the issue than pre-ordering ANOTHER Pandora, which will arrive LATER than the one he's already waiting for.

GunPei2X said:
Those early MWeston pics - are they Pandora prototypes or are they the handheld MWeston was working on himself before joining the Pandora project?

This. I thought he was working on his own MMSP2 or i.MX31 based handheld before he joined the Pandora team.

GunPei2X said:

They are pictures of MWeston's handheld, not a Pandora prototype. I don't know how anybody got the idea that they were one and the same, and frankly, it disappoints me that there are people who think that.

EDIT:
Vorporeal said:
GunPei2X said:

This. I thought he was working on his own MMSP2 or i.MX31 based handheld before he joined the Pandora team.

He was.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
They are pictures of MWeston's handheld, not a Pandora prototype. I don't know how anybody got the idea that they were one and the same, and frankly, it disappoints me that there are people who think that.
Bear with the newcomers like me. I wasn't around at that time as I'm not interested in gaming handhelds. I knew that MWeston was working on a handheld before they formed the Pandora idea though, just didn't have it in mind when posting today :)

I guess there is no word from the factory today?? So there isnt any assurance that any cases will be sent today or monday.

It's probably safe to say we are at least a week away from having the 3rd revision cases get to Craig, let alone Mweston

Phawx said:
It's probably safe to say we are at least a week away from having the 3rd revision cases get to Craig, let alone Mweston
That's my guess as well. Next red light is on the 22th :p

Caine said:
Phawx said:
That's my guess as well. Next red light is on the 22th :p
Green light! The factory already fixed the major hardware problems, the ones they have(or probably WILL) sent only had cosmetic changes made to them.

Then again, the silkscreening is probably gonna be a bitch.

Back