Frozen Bubble 2x Early Port

Yoyo+

Still Fresh
Hi ! :blink:

So i started to port Frozen Bubble on the GP2X. As its become a little playable, i release this early version (I hope an almost complete version will be realeased this week end).

Still undone :

- 2 players mode
- Enhanced graphics
- "Falling" roof
- sound & music

Download frozen2x-0.1.zip

I will update this topics as features arrived :)

Yoyo+

For the Linux Camp I have to say

ITS ABOUT TIME!!! :)

Looks good man keep up the good work. :)

Edit: Cap is what you wear, Camp is were you reside

Game icon, here you go :
frozenbubble4ck.png

Ah, I was waiting for this one. How is it like for speed?

Edit: Nice icon Eolair! Was just wondering, is it just a case of resource hacking to replace the icon or is it more complicated? Or does the dev do it? Thanks!

Dont have my GP2X yet, but apperently to have an icon for a game or aplication
You place a png image in the same folder with the same name as the launch file (except for the extension ofcourse)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet, glad this was ported.

does it come with perl (and perl-sdl), or do we need to install this seperately?
Also, there was a pda port that made the game 1 player, but is great because it used the tall-screen approach, could these changes be merged (or can you release the source and we can try the changes?).

Thanks again.
mth411

This is not the original Perl version, i had rewritten all the code in C (for speed aspects) so you just need sdl librairies ;)

Actually, this news saddens me, because I have been working on this very similar project.

nb14.jpg
nb11.jpg

Oh well, I guess there's always room for two. I'm not actually that sad, but it is a little disheartening to find that someone else's work will overshadow yours before you even finish.

Actually, this news saddens me, because I have been working on this very similar project.

nb14.jpg
nb11.jpg

Oh well, I guess there's always room for two. I'm not actually that sad, but it is a little disheartening to find that someone else's work will overshadow yours before you even finish.

You project looks awsome Flavor, I think there is definetly enough room for the two. Frozen bubble is a must have "classic", and yours looks nice and new :D

You project looks awsome Flavor, I think there is definetly enough room for the two. Frozen bubble is a must have "classic", and yours looks nice and new :D

Actually, mine is just a port, also. Though, it sounds like Yoyo+ has done more of a re-write.

It's running just fine without sound. Though, if you play any of the AI opponents, it slows down a LOT. I think I can fix that, though.

Back