Frustrated by the AV cable situation!

Continued negativity that decreases the probability of a new person purchasing a Pandora isn't good for anyone, including you. By continuing rants and crapping up a majority of threads with Craig-bashing it reflects poorly on the Pandora and this site. Why would anyone pay the price of a Pandora with the perception that the manufacturers/distributors are unreliable and the community is negative and unhelpful. You are furthering that perception and in fact, that is not the case. The problem is Craig, not any of the current members of the team. I appreciate your situation and hope you get it resolved, but your tactic is working against sales which will delay or prevent your ever getting your Pandora. Not a good situation, but you are only making it worse.
I don't see how any of the above you mentioned is bad for me. Also, I don't see ranting or thread bashing. If the same point is posted again, it's becAuse you seem to be ignoring it.

Taking the role of an average cutomer: what is important is getting what was paid for. The fate of the Pandora is not the customer's concern, nor is mentioning details of the situation. The posts were not about craig bashing, the replies to the posts were.

Regardless, where does a customer go if not here? You keep ignoring some things I posted, let me lay them down as a person who would have bought.

1. Product bought from openpandora.

2. Email interactions were with the openpandora@somesuch (not gbax) email.

3. The openpandora site only lists this place to go to.

So, what does the above person do? "Hmm, I wonder where my AV cable is, ok go to the site where I got it. Hmm, no info here, news maybe. What is this, a forum... odd. Ok, here is a pinned post on the av cables, good (though, what company uses a forum as the official location for it's news). Hmm, a lot of information in here, some with official sounding titles, they must be a part of openpandora. Woah, how many posts do I read for news? Ok, this is bs, I guess I just ask, maybe the official person will answer me. Oh shitstorm, I shouldn't be comming here for help, then where do I go, wtf. ...etc as neusium.", "oh, I shouldn't say anything about what concerns me, or other people may not buy, wtf is that, what about me, don't I matter as a customer, only potential customers matter? I guess I shouldn't go to the only place I am directed to, because what happened to me and me finding out about it is less important than that someone else might be considering buying."

I just don't get why you can't see it from any perspective than yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, I already posted that her replay was to visit EDs last thread on the AV cabled here.  Also, I am just locky that I know I bought from them. I actually bought from openpandora not gbax, so where do I go to find out what I need to know if not here? The only place linked on openpandora.
What you need to know is here.
True. But where does that leave people. I'm told not to complain here but to rifle through threads to find info (which isn't a fair request of me or any customer). And the info won't be posted on the site because it looks bad. So, we're left with no actuall suggestions of what a customer can do.
I don't agree with telling people to stop complaining. I also don't agree Craig should be banned and all references archived.
I think the problem for the regulars is that these posts come along every so often complaining that they haven't seen their Pandora yet - which is understandable - but because it's come up over and over, the same information has to be divulged again and again. There's now a board specifically for pre-orderers to get all the information they need. Maybe it should be a bit clearer, I don't know, I don't work here.

I don't see how any of the above you mentioned is bad for me. 
More money brought in by new buyers = Speedup for preorder deliveries.

Less money brought in by new buyers = More delays for preorder deliveries.

Please read this post by ED:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/12414-one-queue-cleared-tv-out-cables-finally-coming-and-some-other-tidbits-2013-03-20/

I don't have the time right now to check if that relation is explained there actually, but I assume it is.

but even if it is not, it will give you some more insight.

Good luck to you BA. I am hoping the mods will lock this thread and ED can start a new one that is locked so only he can post there. Then maybe those of us who want to stay current on the status of the TV out cables can do so.

Wow.  That was a LOT of typing and (seemingly) wasted energy over a TV-out cable.  I now fully understand what "as a matter of principle" means.  I'd gladly shower you with a hail of pennies to shut you up, but I do understand the frustration, "BackAssward".  Rant away.  I'm trying to be empathetic here...I just can't get worked up over small things like this.  Did you ever get your Pandora?  If you did, when did you receive it?  Maybe the donation fund could be extended to fund the supply of back-ordered TV-out cables as well?  Considering the shoddy record-keeping that Craig displayed, I wonder if ED even knows WHO ordered what?  What a mess....

@BackAssward - I appreciate your position.  You and many others pre-orderers have allowed this project to move forward.  You ran into the breach and stormed the shores and took bullets in your wallets.  I thank you for that.  Stay on top of things, and don't lose heart... a solution will be found soon enough.

1. Product bought from openpandora.
2. Email interactions were with the openpandora@somesuch (not gbax) email.

3. The openpandora site only lists this place to go to.
1. Confusingly, this is not as clear a statement as it seems. There's openpandora Ltd in Britain, which is Craig's (currently somewhat inoperative) operation, and there's Michael's openpandora GmbH in Germany, which started out as a reseller but has drifted into being in charge of producing new units.

2. Note that it's not somesuch@openpandora either ... You're probably talking about openpandorasales@gmail, which looks extremely dodgy but is in fact the real contact for Craig's pandora-related company.

3. Far as I can see, the openpandora site doesn't really list anywhere to go for people in your kind of situation, which is probably a problem. Still, the site (if you're thinking of the one I'm thinking of) is primarily for new customers and thus doesn't direct anyone at all towards Craig because he has no new units to sell.

Your being pushed towards this thread was a bit misleading. You ordered a cable from one company which is not showing any signs of actually having any made any time soon. Michael is in the process of getting a different cable done, and he's offering it to Craig's cable preorderers free-with-another-purchase. Now you're upset because instead of one type of cable you've already paid for you're being offered a different cable you have to spend money on. That's not a surprising reaction really, but it suggests that the situation wasn't explained clearly enough by the Craig/Jacquelyn side of the equation.

It remains true that the british openpandora company owe you a cable, and it looks like they're not going to makie any. This thread discusses a way for you to get a different cable from someone else who doesn't, in the most technical of senses, owe you a thing, but is prepared to sink his own money into keeping you and your fellow cable-prepayers moderately fairly treated.

And no, Michael isn't announcing this deal directly to Craig's customers. This is because he doesn't know who they are.

Craig has thrown the AV cable list out of the window... but a unicorn called ED has decided to offer the AV cables at a huge discount.

Stop with the impotent rage.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Craig has thrown the AV cable list out of the window... but a unicorn called ED has decided to offer the AV cables at a huge discount.
I wonder if anyone pre-ordered cables through ED. If so then he's still legally bound to deliver those, refund, or equivalent exchange.Of course, so is Craig, but that gets into the whole "GBAX has no money" issue we keep hitting our heads against regarding Pandora funding.

Of course you can try to get the TV Out Cable without additional charge.

For that you'd need to contact the shop you ordered from.

I'm fine selling Craig as many TV Out Cables as he needs for production cost price. So if he wants to and can afford it, you might get it from him.

Thanks to a lot more remaining (for me unexpected) preorders, there's already more money needed for those than was planned for, so I cannot possibly afford to ship all these out for free.

That would be another 8000 EUR...

Of course you can try to get the TV Out Cable without additional charge.

For that you'd need to contact the shop you ordered from.

I'm fine selling Craig as many TV Out Cables as he needs for production cost price. So if he wants to and can afford it, you might get it from him.

Thanks to a lot more remaining (for me unexpected) preorders, there's already more money needed for those than was planned for, so I cannot possibly afford to ship all these out for free.

That would be another 8000 EUR...
I paid for a cable but I know that money is gone. So I'll pay whatever you need to cover it... Id assume the profit will pay off the preorders and the cycle continues :)

Basically I'd expect Craig to fulfill my complete order for the original price I paid (fat chance) and I'll happily pay ED cost for the cable and an upgrade (I chose the $150,- tier) for a 1GhZ Pandora. It sadly is what it is. However unfair and sucky it is at that.

Back