Full Speed N64 Emulation!

Anhaedra posted on Mar 23 2007 at 07:55 AM said:
I don't see why everyone just says wait for GP3X, since we don't even know if there will be one...

GP3X, sure, no one knows any details, but we do know there will always be a market for hand held consoles, so I would imagine that would always be filled. By who and with what are a completely different topic however. I think it's been proven that it doesn't have to be open-source to get emulators (DS/PSP/etc), but it certainly helps if the manufacturer of the console aren't actively against you doing such a thing (ie. Sony).

This seems like a really good idea, if it could be used as a coprocessor it could speed up just about any homebrew, couldn't it?

It could, but how many people here know C/ARM Assembler & VHDL? Not many I would say, so the the chip would be underused, probably to an extend as to not make it worthwhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know VHDL (err, actually verilog I guess, but I hear it isn't too much different), and I think it's really fun, and I'd love to get myself a FPGA board to play around with. But I don't think it would be practical on a handheld.

Back