Fungp

WarmFluffyUK said:
Same problem here too, it looks like their installer is very flakey, for one if fails to register MFC42.dll, and it also fails to install the c++ re-distributable. I have registered the DLL and installed the re-distributable manually, but this still will not allow the application to start :(

I think we better let GPH know about this.

Personally I think a Windows client was probably not the best way to do this anyway.
They should've made a FunGP frontend application for the Caanoo, that can be accessed by wifi, you know like the appstore on iPhone.
Although that does kinda single out the Wiz, which has no Wifi options.

Last edited by a moderator:
RupeeClock said:
WarmFluffyUK said:
Same problem here too, it looks like their installer is very flakey, for one if fails to register MFC42.dll, and it also fails to install the c++ re-distributable. I have registered the DLL and installed the re-distributable manually, but this still will not allow the application to start :(

Personally I think a Windows client was probably not the best way to do this anyway.
They should've made a FunGP frontend application for the Caanoo, that can be accessed by wifi, you know like the appstore on iPhone.
Although that does kinda single out the Wiz, which has no Wifi options.
It would also single out users that don't have a WIFI adapter too.

I think Wiz will get a firmware update for show the number they request for handheld registration.
They should encrypt the game with this "key" for avoid unathorized copies.

I hope that PC manager has nothing to do with buy-download-play, 'cause I don't have Windows :p

What exactly does this DRM installer do which a web back end could not do? Is there a linux/mac version of it? Do they even know most of their customers won't be using windows?

Oh and let me guess, it will be a piece of piss to crack the games so this will just be annoying their honest customers.

drm.jpg

WarmFluffyUK said:
Azerty16 said:
jutley said:
Mr 2X said:
I have registered successfully (although confirmation email was in spam folder).
I don't get working PC Manager on Win XP SP3 and I dunno if I'm just me :p
Anyone has the same problems ?
Same crap here on windows 7
Exactly same on 7 too!

I have let them know in a big way hell yea embarasing way on there facebook page f... it hahahah yea

craigix said:
What exactly does this DRM installer do which a web back end could not do? Is there a linux/mac version of it? Do they even know most of their customers won't be using windows?

Oh and let me guess, it will be a piece of piss to crack the games so this will just be annoying their honest customers.
Agreed, for once.

Btw: For those who haven't seen it: SD DRM Video.

Oh dear GPH fail

I can't seem to find out how much a 'GP' actually is, and without knowing how much a game is I'm not even going to bother signing up.... Bad bad bad.

i'm glad they got fungp up, but... it really seems like they got the cart ahead of the horse here. at this point, it seems like they're several steps away from anyone being able to use it. from getting the drmadapter to work, to getting the wiz console to auto-register (i assume the caanoo probably doesn't auto register either, but i don't have one yet), to buying GP points. as far as i can tell, you have to buy GP points from third party vendors, and i don't see any of the listed vendors selling them on their sites at the moment. so fungp is up... you just can't do much with it...

Anything missing here?

i noticed that too.

Nova said:
GP2X Wiz GP2X F200 GP2X F200 PSP Nintendo DS any consoles PMP MP3 Player Video Game(Xbox, Playstation)

Anything missing here?

The Caanoo, and also for some reason the F100, and they should also consider the GP32, Pandora, Dingoo A320.
But then the is full of mistakes, and other design quirks.

I dunno .. this DRM doesn't seem absolutely horrible. I understand this is an Open Source crowd, so DRM is avoided like a horrible plague, but consider the other more commercial portables available, and how piracy has effected them. GPH is certainly interested in attracting some larger developer attention, and those developers are probably going to inquire about how their games will be protected from piracy.

It's just another option ... your job is to convince your favorite developer to not use DRM.

heehee ... and remember folks
fungp.gif

iPhone apps GO!

traylorpark said:
I dunno .. this DRM doesn't seem absolutely horrible. I understand this is an Open Source crowd, so DRM is avoided like a horrible plague, but consider the other more commercial portables available, and how piracy has effected them. GPH is certainly interested in attracting some larger developer attention, and those developers are probably going to inquire about how their games will be protected from piracy.
Keep in might that the DRM system of GPH will be cracked in no time.

traylorpark said:

It's just another option ... your job is to convince your favorite developer to not use DRM.

heehee ... and remember folks
fungp.gif

iPhone apps GO!

There are no real numbers on piracy, we don't know how bad the situation is, is it 1 out of 2 that pirate? 1 out of 10? 1 out of 100? We don't know.
You also make the wrong assumption that every copy pirated is a sale lost.
DRM is a flawed concept, and it will be cracked sooner or later (probably sooner), as such, it only hinders legitimate customers.

I can't seem to recieve the validation e-mail. Turned the spam filter off but still no luck, idk!

Me neither. Even clicking the Re-send Email button has no effect, other than taking you into the main site.

Back