Gph Releases Info On Official Games

Kojote

Certified Guru
Staff member
Website
www.pdroms.de
Fresh news directly from the Overseas Sale Manager, Tony Han (via GPH press mail sent to me):

GPH Games coming soon!

GPH is producing its own games for the GP2X Wiz. Most games will be originals, meaning they are not simply ports from other systems but developed specifically for the Wiz. A lot of time has been spent by the developers to guarantee these games to be of high quality. GPH has put down some serious funds to make this happen but believes it will turn out to be a worthy investment.

The games that are planned to be released first are the following:

1) Kaiten Pattiserie
2) Asura Cross Wired (Online)
3) Redemption
4) Deicide 3
5) Rythmos

Over the next year other games have been planned for release as well. A list of those contains:

1) Wiz Party
2) Wiztern 2

Many games are being made ready to offer the best support to both users as well as developers. Many different types of games are planned, which GPH hopes will interest and reach out to a lot of different people.

All these games will be provided through FunGP (http://www.fungp.com - a not yet launched website) to make sure everyone can get a hold of a copy easily. These downloads will be managed with GP Money, a special payment system developed by GPH.

Prepare yourself to play official GPH games!

I'm also presuming that the Wiz network adapter will be available soon then. Not much point in having Her Knights Online without one I suppose :p

GPH have made a little error, It's not Her Knights it's Asura Cross Wired :unsure: . I have ammended the original post

I will ask about game prices and wifi adapter.

Addition:

GPH can't yet tell us the cost of the games, game prices will be known probably at release time.

WIFI adapter will be available this year :)

WarmFluffyUK said:
GPH have made a little error, It's not Her Knights it's Asura Cross Wired :unsure: . I have ammended the original post

I will ask about game prices and wifi adapter.

Addition:

GPH can't yet tell us the cost of the games, game prices will be known probably at release time.

WIFI adapter will be available this year :)

When exactly will the WIFI adapter is that known?

Regards

André

Last edited by a moderator:
Not so thrilled about the games, very much looking forward to the wifi-adapter.
Switching my Wiz on and having it auto-sync with my server would be awesome!

Could the wifi allow for multiplayer games with the emulators?

kev256 said:
Could the wifi allow for multiplayer games with the emulators?

I wouldn't see why not, nestopia had online NES gameplay

Im more interested in them getting their shit to work properly instead of worrying about getting some retarded "official" games to sell on an open source handheld.

How about TV out? USB adapter for gamepads, wifi (apparently coming this year) How about getting their flash player to actually run flash full speed.

I can't wait to get hold of the adapter either, since I've been working on a game that will hopefully make use of it :)

Kojote posted this nearly 2 hours before hand - http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49409-gph-press-release-about-the-upcomming-commercial-wiz-games/page__pid__752348__st__0&#entry752348 :p

Spykez said:
[...] How about getting their flash player to actually run flash full speed.

There is no such thing as running Flash full speed, since there is no definition of 100% speed of some language or virtual machine. It isn't some hardware platform after all.

Also most Flash games - even those which target Flash9+ AVM2 - require a pretty beefy CPU. E.g. a very simple 320x240 jump n run which uses bitmaps for everything requires at least a 500mhz desktop CPU like a K7 or P3 (a CPU like that runs Quake3 at 60+ FPS easily). And AVM1 stuff needs way more power.

Enverex said:
Kojote posted this nearly 2 hours before hand - http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49409-gph-press-release-about-the-upcomming-commercial-wiz-games/page__pid__752348__st__0&#entry752348 :p

maybe it's possible to merge the topics? would make more sense... and yes i've been faster indeed.. ;)

Back