Gambro Nxgp

@Javacat

Nice find!

@Exophase

Yes, the cache is really a problem (same as GP2x and Wiz). They use 16kb Tight Coupled Memory (afaik some kind of low latency memory), but I don't know if this helps...

@Peter R

Sorry, but look at the topic description of this thread...

atomicthumbs said:
wMvCz.gif

I just bled through my left eyeball.

Ontopic:
WOOT :D. That thing looks like a pile of steaming korean shit. I will almost certainately buy it though.
GO GP!

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter R said:
I like how I started this speculation about it being a GPH system and it has grown in twenty four hours to now become GP reforming :D .

gp32spain was talking about this platform like 6 months ago, including all of the connections to the original Gamepark.

sbock said:
Yes, the cache is really a problem (same as GP2x and Wiz). They use 16kb Tight Coupled Memory (afaik some kind of low latency memory), but I don't know if this helps...

I doubt it'll help an awful lot. So long as you're running a multitasking OS like Linux it won't be totally safe to use TCM since it's impractical to task switch it. The kernel itself might steal it, but probably won't use it frequently enough for it to provide much support. Maybe if you're confident nothing else is using it you can mmap a pointer to it. I suppose someone could do some experiments to see if mapping the top of the stack to DTCM and the most frequently executed functions (that'll fit) to ITCM improves performance notably.

Ah yes, thanks for that hint, Exophase. I found the threads at gp32spain:

Here a translated quote from Segata Sanshiro:

As discussed here a long time (http://gp32spain.com/foros/showthread.php?t=63418), several employees of Gamepark (including Hyoung-Gun Jeon, CEO and engineer as Saruman said on that topic) founded another company, Gambro and also managed to market the XGP Kids, under the name Dinkii.

There were also plans to launch a far more powerful console nXGP call, which was given some specification. Well, it already appears on the official website (but says nothing new) and also have left some photos:

notaz said:
I hope this doesn't mean they are using portrait display again..

If they do then I hope the hardware can do fast 2D rotated blits. If it's the Samsung SoC then I think there'll be a good chance of it, unlike on the GP32 and Wiz.

They mention a "2.4GHz game RF module", but never mention wifi or web browsing. It just seems like if you're going to go to the trouble of having a 2.4GHz radio, you'd use it for internet access.

Also, was there a mention of bluetooth?

@ RedBaron

No, not at all.

This Nxgp console is made by Game Park.

Wiz is made by a different company called GamePark Holdings (they were Game Park at one stage, but split up due to conflict of interests, disagreements, etc. and some of the Game Park people left to make their own company and named it...GamePark Holdings just to confuse the shit out of all of us) and to be honest I'm a Wiz fanboy, so I'm behind GamePark Holdings all the way...even with their new plans to release a Wiz successor this year. :wiz: B)

@ Gruso

ROFLMFAO

SONY said:
Also, was there a mention of bluetooth?

@ RedBaron

No, not at all.

This Nxgp console is made by Game Park.

Wiz is made by a different company called GamePark Holdings (they were Game Park at one stage, but split up due to conflict of interests, disagreements, etc. and some of the Game Park people left to make their own company and named it...GamePark Holdings just to confuse the shit out of all of us) and to be honest I'm a Wiz fanboy, so I'm behind GamePark Holdings all the way...even with their new plans to release a Wiz successor this year. :wiz: B)

@ Gruso

ROFLMFAO

Hi Sony
How are you, I agree with you I am a GPH fan and I am saving up for the new unit that's coming out later this year, I hope it has a standard 3.5" screen not the wide screen as all the old games are 3:4:5 ratio standard screen

pwned

Where did GP get the money for this? I thought they went bust and as a result the XGP went kapoot. I always wanted one of those.

sbock said:
@Peter R

Sorry, but look at the topic description of this thread...
Sorry, I didn't notice that up at the top if the page. I thought this was the next GPH console initially anyway due to some similarities I spotted.

Exophase said:
gp32spain was talking about this platform like 6 months ago, including all of the connections to the original Gamepark.

My mistake. I don't read GP32spain so it's not surprising I missed this.

Looks like 'read' isn't exactly the best description of what you do to GP32x either ;).

Back