Game Cube on Pandora?

theres an old myth that states that in order to emulate something according to mhz, you need a cpu thats 8x more mhz to be able to emulate, as said this is a myth, and theres a ton more to it than that, but it does apply here, remember that pandora is struggling to emulate n64 and ps1

GC emulation on the PC isn't too bad - a lot of games now play okay. But I have a Intel core2Duo Proc, 3gb ram & and a radeon gpu (and Win7 64bit).

Emulation of GC on the pandora is not going to happen - even if someone did write an emulator for it you're only going to see 1 frame per second. We still haven't got a fully working N64 emulator - and Ari64 has done some stellar work with it to get it where it is.

Maybe by Pandora3 you'll get GC emulation?

Ok I understand now about the pandora lack power, what about psp games?

PS: I was able to run a PS2 emulator on my pc (2.2 ghz intel dual core, nvidia gforce 8600m gt 512 mb, 2 gb ram)

And no problem playing mgs3, just sayin' :p

Try not to think of an emulator as a program that lets you run another system's media on another device. Essentially what they are is the entire system itself reconstructed in software. So, your pc isn't just running a 'translator' across a ps2 game, it's basically running a ps2 within itself to be able to run said game. The more complex the system (eg: Saturn) the more resources you are going to need to put behind it.

Sighs... This was my first question about the Pandora too. But yeah, just as Sugar_Kane said, which is why it's harder to emulate an Atari 2600 than an NES.

Most people who want to play GC games just do so on the Wii.
I think this slows down emulation work on the GC, the wii is too popular right now. Maybe Nintendo's next console won't play GC games and more people will be interested in an emulator. Also, I think the GC was by far Nintendo's least popular console that plugged into a TV, PS2 and Xbox beat it out. It was the first time that Nintendo came in last yet they made the most money out of the other two.

more info please? :p

I did some looking around quite a while ago to see if it was even possible on a PC... Getting even so much as emulation on a normal PC is really hard. Apparently you had to access Nintendo dev kit (cough *download illegally* cough) software to even run on a PC (on top of that have certain graphics cards, certain DVD drive... the dev software was picky) - The actual dev kits that Nintendo gave its developers was quite a funky work of art in itself :p Most people who want to play GC games just do so on the Wii. Even if you could get it to run on the PC side (legalities aside, 99% of the games wouldn't), it would be very slow.

So a Pandora? Forget about it.

That's why.
You don't need the official Nintendo toolkit, you need the homebrew one.

It is possible but you need a level table. The Game cube is a larger device so may still wobble a little. Both units would effectively be unusable at the time. Hope this helps.

It is possible but you need a level table. The Game cube is a larger device so may still wobble a little. Both units would effectively be unusable at the time. Hope this helps.
I don't normally approve of text speak, but that was a genuine

LOL

Followed by a groan albeit.

Any chance you could post a pic of a genuine horny hat worn by largely monk raping pillagists?

Horned helmets is just a myth

But still, vikings are frikin' awesome!

Vikings.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance you could post a pic of a genuine horny hat worn by largely monk raping pillagists?

Horned helmets is just a myth

But still, vikings are frikin' awesome!

I know, hence my use of 'genuine'. I also thought it about as likely as GC on Pandora but yes Vikings do rock and I love their use of rhyme to tell their tales of monk bashing. They apparently landed in my old village once upon a time too, it was called Bishopsteignton on the river Teign, so they probably figured there was some pansy Christian monks worth looting, for their fraudulently obtained riches from those more pansy and afraid of men of the cloth.

Back