Game Files

Gein07

Ok, I'm going to take this forum description literally and assume no one will think less of me for asking such dumb questions.

So like most people I'm still awaiting word that my Pandora is en route to my house. In the mean time I'm trying to prep my SD cards as best I can so I can get down to business when I finally do get my Pandora. Now I've noticed on the Pandora appstore that games like Quake II and Hexen both require PC files in addition to the files located on the appstore. I own both of these games, but they are rather inconveniently packed away from a recent move and kind of hard to get to. Is there anywhere I can download the necessary files to get these games to run on the Pandora, or do I need to dig through my boxes to grab my originals. If I have to pull the files from the originals, what all needs to be copied over to the Pandora and do the files need to live in any special directory?

Now, for even more stupid questions, what about software for Dosbox? Do game files need to be copied from a PC install and placed in a special directory to be run? Is the process virtually the same for all games of this type?

Anyway, sorry if this has been asked somewhere else. I'm kind of neurotic and I like to get all this stuff straight before my handheld even arrives.

Gein07 said:
Ok, I'm going to take this forum description literally and assume no one will think less of me for asking such dumb questions.

So like most people I'm still awaiting word that my Pandora is en route to my house. In the mean time I'm trying to prep my SD cards as best I can so I can get down to business when I finally do get my Pandora. Now I've noticed on the Pandora appstore that games like Quake II and Hexen both require PC files in addition to the files located on the appstore. I own both of these games, but they are rather inconveniently packed away from a recent move and kind of hard to get to. Is there anywhere I can download the necessary files to get these games to run on the Pandora, or do I need to dig through my boxes to grab my originals. If I have to pull the files from the originals, what all needs to be copied over to the Pandora and do the files need to live in any special directory?

Now, for even more stupid questions, what about software for Dosbox? Do game files need to be copied from a PC install and placed in a special directory to be run? Is the process virtually the same for all games of this type?

Anyway, sorry if this has been asked somewhere else. I'm kind of neurotic and I like to get all this stuff straight before my handheld even arrives.

You can technically download them, but I don't think any of them are freeware yet, so it would be considered piracy and we can't talk about how to do it on these forums. (Although I'm sure you could find out pretty quickly regardless) If they aren't freeware, the legal way is to dig through your boxes to grab your originals.

Think about it this way: If you occupy your time searching for your originals to get the files, the time will seem to fly and you won't notice the wait for your Pandora as bad. ;)

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if i remember correctly, at least Quake released a free/shareware/whatever version (the first of 3 chapters of the full game or something).
Those files could probably be used as well. Not the full game, but at least something (legal) to play until you get those boxes unpacked ;)

About fileplacement: no clue, still awaiting mine as well

Edit: Quake2 official demo on idsoftware ftp

Edit: Hexen and other files might be found here, have not checked individual folders

Ah nice ftp, did not know that one myself. Google is your friend :)

Back