Game Gadget

everything i have heard about this handheld tells me to steer clear. claiming open source and producing an activation. 0/10. anyone else notice the horrid battery cover warping ?

the reviews i have read are at best luke warm, below adverage.

I think like everything in life if you have a gut feeling that this is a bad product. then stick with the gut feeling and stay away from it.

Activate to use it with a computer?

Heck, that sounds like the GP32 days, before GP decided to open it :)

We need to resurrect the old IRC Freelauncher activation :)

Maybe this whole activation nonsense should be ignored and this thing should be hacked open before ever needing an activation ;)

That would be nice, still no email about the activation being ready, I'm guessing it won't be usable till next week now

I'm #003

So last night a late update came stating that the devs were working round the clock still to get the server side problem sorted.

Said that a deadline would be up today but so far their facebook page wall wont load for me, been trying since 6am when i woke up and now its just gone 10am and still cant access the page.

I thought it might be due to traffic after an announcement that the activation was live, but its not.

I want to see what the latest is, anyone managed to get onto their wall and see latest comments, or is it down for everyone not just me? --- i get nothing when i click the 'wall' button, just a blank page loads

I want to see what the latest is, anyone managed to get onto their wall and see latest comments, or is it down for everyone not just me? --- i get nothing when i click the 'wall' button, just a blank page loads

The latest from 4 hours ago:

Update late last night was that progress was good but more to do. Have pushed for update this morning but I'm not going to lie to you the team a knackered! What I can confirm is that everyone on Facebook will be able to register and download their games first.

I hope they feel pretty f***ing stupid right now. Very glad I didn't pre-order, though may be tempted if it get's the OpenDingux treatment.

Why do you need to register? Has this even been explained?

It'll be because of the shop I guess... So they can keep track of what you've downloaded and investigate any problems by looking directly at your account. I'm assuming that by "activation" they mean really mean account creation anyway, could be wrong.

So no one has used this device yet due to it needing to be activated? And the activation process currently doesn't work?

WOW, sounds like a killer device. This makes the Vita and ipods look stellar by comparison :lol: Good luck to those of you waiting to get started, hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Chris

Well I just got off the phone to them about this.

I dont use Facebook or twitter, and have no intention of signing up, I used twitter during the summer riots and that was all.

Now I've been checkinto Facebook the past few days just to get news on this activation as news on it was sparse on their main website other than "please bear with us.."

For some reason I couldn't see their Facebook page on my phone today, just blank page, no errors...

So used a mates phone to check today's status and saw their message stating that Facebook users will be told first when the activation link is ready... before the emails are sent out to customers.

This annoyed me a bit as I feel they should let us waiting customers know ASAP... forget the Facebook followers.

The phone opp spoke to mark of their team and tomorrow it goes live.

I just hope by time I get my late sent email I can still access their servers, no doubt will be bombed with all the other orderers that got the Facebook advanced warning.

Tomorrow seems the day

That is bizzare.Ye can't use it until it's activated.If i bought a car but couldn't use it till it was activated that would be insanity.

cars dont have to be registered before being driven in ireland?

ahhh the good ol' days, before those pesky ANPR cameras came about ... tax is in the post excuses :)

Well today should be the day we get activation, and they have fixed the issue with the sound [that required you boot with jack in the headphone port] ... so thats good news.

I suspect it will be good once its up and running, the app store i mean, and therefore the working device.

I will have a looksy at lunch time and hopefully it will be ready.

These do need activation before use though, before you can use anything, there is no menu at the moment on these gamegadgets, so cant even use the non-game side of it like the ebook reader, mp3 player etc. But today is the day.

I think my levels of anticipation for Gamegadget and Pandora are affecting my subconscious too ... last night i dreamed i had a Caanoo, the white one, but in fact i dont.

I was a little disapointed when i woke and reality kicked in.

I never remember dreams normally either

Having to register your console before you can use it is very creepy.

With a car I can obviously understand it, because you might run someone over or such, but a console? What you going to do with this thing? Hack in to the Pentagon? Throw it at George Bush?

c2Sue.jpg

Now the question is why couldn't you throw it at politicians without registering it first?

Back