Game Lancher Program

emu-small.jpg

I think a sort of unified selector would be A Good Thing. You could have a different screen for each system, or just a big ass list on one side with box art/system and game info on the other, and launch whatever emulator is associated with that ROMs filename extension...

I'm biased though - as tasks I'd like to do, I rank GUI coding alongside cleaning dog shit out of carpets ;)

Ontopic bit:

00191817.zoom.a.jpg

Offtopic bit:

Prophet said:
I'm one of those oldschoolers who actually likes individual emus with their own interfaces and personalities.
Same here. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
fishybawb said:
I'm biased though - as tasks I'd like to do, I rank GUI coding alongside cleaning dog shit out of carpets ;)
I'm one of those oldschoolers who actually likes cleaning dog shit out of carpets.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not hard from the developer's standpoint to simply allow the first commandline argument to be the path and filename of a rom to open, and basically that's all a universal launcher needs. If the developer wants to include more command line options then that, great!
No filename, launch the built in menu.
Simple, effective, and everyone wins.

Again I am all for this. I have wanted this for a long time, I use GameEX on my PC and it works fine. I don't need anything crazy just a simple list maybe with a picture of the system you are on. I agree I dont like seeing a very old looking graphic no style to it when I navigate to my Roms, it's a really simple thing but it makes a difference for me personally.

Back