Gamepad Support

Mqark

Website
www.konixmultisystem.com
I know we're some time off from having Pandora optomised builds of emulators with final interfaces and properly mapped keys, but I was just wondering how USB joypad support will be handled. Will all emulator programmers have to make the choice if they are going to include hard coded support for a gamepad, or will it be an easyly accessable resource in Linux that can be utalised with little effort for the devs.

I was also hoping for standard gui mechanisims, but to be honest I'm just glad developers are willing to give us their time and effort in porting / creating the Emulators that we are seeing and looking forward to. (It would have been nice from a users perspective to not have to learn how to use each emulator though... :p )

Well all the game buttons are really mapped to direction keys (cursor keys, alt, shift, home, end, page up, and page down) so so long as there is an app for Linux that can map USB joypad buttons to key presses, and I rather suspect there is, then it should be fairly simple to over-ride at least player 1's controls. And picodrive, at least, allows you to assign keys to player 2 joypads and therefore if the previously hypothesized utility does exist then Megadrive is certainly covered.

Back