Gamepark At E3 - Some Pictures

donjj

Still Fresh
These pictures are not mine, but I found them interesting anyway. I doubt that that this will ever be realeased (I also doubted that the GPH system will ever be released, so there are still chances ;-)

Gamepark Booth:
http://forum.lik-sang.com/gallery/showphot...to=1340&cat=523

Korea Booth:
http://forum.lik-sang.com/gallery/showphot...to=1339&cat=523

Shows all the Gamepark systems:
http://forum.lik-sang.com/gallery/showphot...to=1264&cat=523

Another one with all the Gamepark systems:
http://forum.lik-sang.com/gallery/showphot...to=1266&cat=523

Shows the "new" Gamepark XGP Kids system (running Sonic):
http://forum.lik-sang.com/gallery/showphot...to=1265&cat=523

I hope there's a lot of light drowning out the XGP kids system, because the screen looks awfully dim :S

However, the mini is still ridiculously sexy. I want to hold it against my body and play super mario on it all day :D

As long as I get a XGP kids before (if) Gamepark goes bankrupt.

Hmm, and if that truely is the real Sonic, I'm sorry DaveC but your universe might collapse ;)

JaqMs posted on May 16 2006 at 09:06 PM said:
As long as I get a XGP kids before (if) Gamepark goes bankrupt.

Hmm, and if that truely is the real Sonic, I'm sorry DaveC but your universe might collapse ;)

Why? 'Cause you can run Sonic on a 2" screen this fall? I can run it on a 3.5" GP2X screen right now ;) :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that this was just a video, at least the girl at the booth said it is unplayable when asked ("not working").

iignotus posted on May 16 2006 at 10:29 PM said:
I hope there's a lot of light drowning out the XGP kids system, because the screen looks awfully dim :S

However, the mini is still ridiculously sexy. I want to hold it against my body and play super mario on it all day :D

Sorry, no rumble feature. :rolleyes:

Jarska333 posted on May 17 2006 at 01:19 PM said:
iignotus posted on May 16 2006 at 10:29 PM said:

Sorry, no rumble feature. :rolleyes:
:D

Just received the following email from MagicEyes (same people that did the MMSP2 for the GP2X) :

GamePark Inc. unveiled Portable Game Player based on VRender 3D at E3 show.

* When : May 10-12, 2006
* Where : South # 646, Los Angeles Convention Center
* Product : XGP(4"), XGPmini(2.2")

They also say the VRender3D was developed using an ARM920T core @ 198Mhz, and also contains a 3D graphic accelerator, GTE, Wavetable Synthesizer, MPEG4 video decoder.

GTE ( Geometric Transform Engine )
- Vector Processing Unit (24bit Floating point: s15e8)
- Embedded Projection, View frustum Clipping,
Viewport scaling
- Programmable Feature
add/mul/dp3/dp4/dp3clamp/dp4clamp/rsqrt/min/max…
TSE ( Triangle Setup Engine )
- 24bit Floating Point Engine
- Various Primitive
Triangle strip, Triangle fan, Triangle list, Rectangle list
Rasterizer
- Sub-Pixel Correction
- Max resolution: 1024x768
- Texture Mapping
2-stage multi-texturing
Perspective Correction
Sub Texel Accuracy
Bilinear Filtering
Internal Texture Cache : 8KByte
Enhanced Prefetch Texture Algorithm
MIPMAP
Use MPEG Video Texture
- Z-Buffer, Alpha Blending, Dithering
- W-based pixel fog

Looks to me like it'll be ok for 3D games, but no better than the GP2X for emulation. In the future it may be worse, as there's only one processor, and we may find something for the 2nd processor in the 2x yet.

It seems to me as if XGP is either vaporware or on it's way to follow Tiger Telematics... Maybe it doesn't have a camera included but.. erm.. 3 different versions at launch?? Who is so insane to develop 3 different versions of a console when the GP2X has already eaten up most of the GP32 user base?

Vimacs posted on May 17 2006 at 09:21 PM said:
does the vrender3d also have the 2d accerlator?, would be great for compatibility.

It does indeed, but the registers are in completely different places in memory, so existing software is not going to work. I'm also unsure about who is going to port there software to this, when both the 2x and xgp run at 200mhz (on exactly the same architecture). The XGP just seems like the second core has been removed and a 3d accelerator shoved in there instead.

And this thing is apparently going up against Sony and Nintendo.... Hmmm.... Unless they have a complete army of absolute must-have games at launch, they are going to squashed into miniature dust particles and brushed under the carpet...

Something tells me that A) That's SMS Sonic, and B) the screen is unlit (the XGP Kids)

All XGP's look very good to me, but of course design is nothing if it's not complemented by suitable software. I'm glad they're still showcasing the GP32 though, maybe they'll someday release a direct upgrade to it. :)

- Alex

Hmm, the XGP Kids picture could either mean that:

A) It *can* run emulators and is already very compatible with the GP32
B ) The Sonic is really just a video imitation, but then that means it can play movies well?
C) It's a picture :(

Back