Gamepark At E3 (with Xgp)

donjj

Still Fresh
The original Gamepark is at E3 with XGP (Extreme Game Player):

E3 Los Angeles, May 10-12
South Hall #646 No. 10

Not sure if this is old news, but they also seem to have a new web site with lots of new photos:
http://www.gamepark.com/

Will be interesting what they say about Gamepark Holdings and how that all happened. Someone start to write a book about Gamepark ;-)

very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very old news.

Vimacs posted on May 4 2006 at 06:41 AM said:
very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very old news.
The web site, the E3 thing, or both of them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy orientals, writing with question marks all over their website (lol, joke.)

slygamer posted on May 4 2006 at 01:51 AM said:
We have about 20 people from our company going to E3 (I'm not one of them unfortunately), so I'll see if I can get someone to take a look at it.

You work at gamepark? :huh:

dioxide posted on May 5 2006 at 11:25 AM said:
Crazy orientals, writing with question marks all over their website (lol, joke.)
I am not sure if you are referring to seeing a broken screen what you visit gamepark's homepage. I am sure you know this but, the problem can be solved by clicking the link at the right-bottom to english homepage at gamepark's homepage.

OMars posted on May 8 2006 at 07:07 AM said:
slygamer posted on May 4 2006 at 01:51 AM said:
We have about 20 people from our company going to E3 (I'm not one of them unfortunately), so I'll see if I can get someone to take a look at it.

You work at gamepark? :huh:

No, he works at a commercial game company obviously. Not Gamepark.

Here's some info for ya:

It won't be compatible with GP2X SDK's, but WILL be able to run emus (MAME shown here...Bubble Bobble namely)...here's some proof (took this pic at E3):

XGP.JPG

Also, they have an XGPKids model which takes 2 AA batts and is basically a shrunk down GP32. And yes, they are dead delusional about going head to head with Sony and Nintendo in the handheld game market. :rolleyes:

The XGPmini will be avaliable this September in Korea for approx $150. From the way the rep was talking, they are also looking to secure domestic distribution.

My God the mini is so sexy.

Me must adopt the mini like we have the GP2X.

Though the way the D-Pad looks in that shot has me a bit worried.

i doubt that they can make much money that way...

they just should put up a vote wich one is most wanted and than finance it through preorders

craigix posted on May 14 2006 at 05:24 PM said:
The reason Gamepark are at e3 is to raise money to make these consoles.

This is nonsense, I suppose that they didn't sell anything at E3 but they have paid a lot of $ to promote their consoles.

Rob posted on May 15 2006 at 08:46 AM said:

This is nonsense, I suppose that they didn't sell anything at E3 but they have paid a lot of $ to promote their consoles.
What he likely means is that they're looking for investors. Sort of a "Hey, look, we've got these great portables here and ready to go but we need a bit of money to get them off the ground" kind of thing. At least that's the way I read it. I could be wrong.

Rob posted on May 15 2006 at 02:46 PM said:

They were at the Korea booth, they didn't have their own booth.

Back