Gamer Syndrome Blog Post

Also interesting that joedigital doesn't realise that the pandora can run games for twice as long is vita by vitue of having a battery twice the size :blink:

They raise some valid points. Everybody who I speak to that wanted one back when I pre-ordered now thinks it has priced itself into oblivion.

There are people on this forum who have been waiting 3 years and eleven months.You just cant justify that to outsiders. It is beyond any excuse really.

Oh great, I just typed up a long comment there about what happened and what you can do with the Pandora, and after submitting it deleted my comment and told me I need to be registered... I hate that.

Also my Vita gets 4-5 hours of real game play and close to 9 hours listening to music etc.. thats pretty decent. If your getting 10+ hours of game play on your Poandora you either have a nuclear reactor in there or your just playing tetris through the gameboy emulation

Ignorance is bliss.....

Confirmed: All Pandoras are powered using internal nuclear reactors.

Now THAT would be interesting to get through customs...

Oh great, I just typed up a long comment there about what happened and what you can do with the Pandora, and after submitting it deleted my comment and told me I need to be registered... I hate that.

Always always notepad it first. But terribly sorry.

Edit: So that's what Quick Quote does, fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed: All Pandoras are powered using internal nuclear reactors.

Now THAT would be interesting to get through customs...

Now I can rationalize wearing radiation suites around the house.

@ED,

I did the same thing when I posted my comment. Luckily when I hit the back button on my browser, my text was still in the form field.

Yes It has happened to me (and most of us) many times as well hehe. Now everytime I write a long e-mail/comment I always remind myself to copy the whole text before submiting it. You should type your comment again perhaps in a shorter version. :)

someone has to make a documentary about everything that has happened with getting this little box with many tricks made and out to people. maybe then people might understand whats really going on.

dam that suxs evilD would have liked to seen your 2cents on there

Just added my 2c worth to the thread .. hopefully we can sway the tide of opinion away from "Pandora won't make it" to "oh dear, I guess I should watch out for the Open Pandora in the next few months.."

;)

joedigital said:
Also my Vita gets 4-5 hours of real game play and close to 9 hours listening to music etc.. thats pretty decent.

th_RoflLg.gif

I just can't be bothered to care anymore. :( Haters gonna hat.

Thing is, he's not really a hater, he wants it to thrive, he just can't recommend it to "anybody" despite missing the fact that it's a targeted device with an audience that only overlaps gamers.

IMHO, I think the article is quite weak(as an article), it feels like someone writing its own opinion based on its own private experience and knowledge.

The two products proposed are apart and there aren´t much in common between such.

Debate ouyeah is about pure speculation as for now it hasen´t premier.

Debate Pandora, on an unbiased way, requires info about it, which the writer could not get to in his 2 years of pandora lurking.

Really? I have been lurking around here for the past year and I could easily state the misleading infos.

Specially as they get re-asked every second day. Not to count the ever lasting ´where is my pandora what is happening´ on about every news post.

Also, it seems people there demands an operation like pandora to be on the same level of, let´s say, sony operations.

It is just too out of the box for me.

But in general it is a good thing to have such articles going. I doubt it would affect pandora as people looking for such solution will definently search deeper.

As for price, it is what it is, whether I currently don´t own enough money for one to my personal use dosen´t make it an ´expensive´ gadget, you can´t really compare its price with what the market offers cheaper as a sub-solution.

Owning computers since the 80s I have never come to anything excellent and cheap till this day.

I know a guy who works in the computer industry and here's what he says : you can get Good , Fast and Cheap . Pick 2 .

Good meaning a solid ( both in hardware and software ) product that while it may not be the most powerful thing out there it will do what it came to do . Fast would basically be a wild mustang filled with pure wild untamed power - but completely unusable due to all the bugs and well untamed power . Cheap baiscly means a net book - built by your 3 year old nephew who picks his nose and wipes it on the hard drive but will it will surf the web and only cost you 5 bucks . Obviously when you conbine 2 it will cancel out some of the more undesirable qualities . I'd say The Pandora is a good and fast ( for its time which was 08 ... ) computer and it is very niche if you're going to buy one you have to know all of this ahead of time .

Back