Games You think sliped under the radar - resurrection thread :)

^ Wow, you sure know your obscure games, StreaK. :D

SOS also had a sequel for the PSX (it's covered at the end of this article), which features some somewhat mangled text ("How comes it that Kingweenzer sink?"), and some equally scary CGI artwork. :p

There is Disaster Report [and sequels] for PS2 as well, almost like SOS for PSX. The plot is awesome, but the execution is rather bad [but game is still fun to play, for me]

Game: Stone Age [DOS / Amiga / Atari ST]

Info: Stone Age is a fun and challenging puzzle game. You are in control of a dinosaur and you have to make him reach the exit of each cave. Sounds simple? Far from it. The dinosaur can only walk on certain blocks on the level. Some are just ordinary blocks, some are movable in the direction the arrow points, some crumble after you walk on them, and some have coloured keys which are needed to get past locks of the same colour.

Stone%20Age_1.png

Stone%20Age_2.png

Stone%20Age_3.png

Game: Scorpions 2.0 [Atari XL/XE]

Info: Excellent and unique logical game. hard to explain [nearest game: sokoban with a mega twist], it needs to be played :)

scorpions_2.0.png

Game is free [freeware] to download: http://atari.fandal....p?files_id=5463

Last edited:
1 Ninja - Shadow of darkness [PSX]

2 ESPN Extreme games [PSX]

3 Road Rash [PSX]

4 Neverhood [PSX]

but this should be added by Geca :p

Game: Liero [DOS]

Info: A great mixture of worms + scorched earth + quake [YES!] (in other words: it as a "real-time 2D worm shooter"). Why it is soo great? it succeeds where Worms failed. In realtime 2player shoot-out with blood soaked ground :) .

BTW. This game was installed in almost EVERY COLLEGE SCHOOL in Poland.

liero1.png

liero2.png

liero3.png

Download [its PD/Freeware]: http://www.oldschool...loads/Liero.zip

Last edited:
Game: Stone Age [DOS / Amiga / Atari ST]

Info: Stone Age is a fun and challenging puzzle game. You are in control of a dinosaur and you have to make him reach the exit of each cave. Sounds simple? Far from it. The dinosaur can only walk on certain blocks on the level. Some are just ordinary blocks, some are movable in the direction the arrow points, some crumble after you walk on them, and some have coloured keys which are needed to get past locks of the same colour.
I know this one. I think I failed pretty early in the game (well I didn't try hard enough as well). It's definately not an easy game!

I also like RoadRash, I have the PC equivalent of the above mentioned PSX version, and I also played the Amiga version a lot!! Still love and play them both.

Game: Nosferatu [sNES]

Info: Prince of persia meets horror monsters [draculas / gargoyles / da mummy's :) ] :)

390930-nosferatu-snes-screenshot-stage-2-battling-a-classic-mummy.png

390927-nosferatu-snes-screenshot-taking-on-a-frankenstein-monster.png

390925-nosferatu-snes-screenshot-the-fierce-traps-start-earlys.png

Last edited:
@geca could you please post information, not just the screenshots? aside from the obvious exception of that last one I have no idea what games you are showing us screenshots of. Not to mention the point of this thread is to name games that are not well known, so screenshots alone are even less useful. :unsure:

- Neelix

Game: Thrill Kill [PSX]

Info: Thrill Kill is a cancelled and unpublished 1998 fighting video game for the Sony PlayStation. While the technical feat of allowing four players to fight simultaneously in the same room was to be a major selling point, this was overshadowed by the controversy surrounding the game's depictions of violence and sexual content. Examples of this content include BDSM and fetishistic costumes and acts, limb dismemberment, and violent special moves with names like "Bitch Slap" and "Swallow This".

s_1.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/embed/CZmiu5SOGEo?feature=oembed

Back