GamesCom 2012 conclusion?

Nice photos Linux-SWAT..

I really wish I had a good Retro convention in my area..

Last batch:

DSC04968.JPG

DSC04969.JPG

DSC04970.JPG

DSC04971.JPG

DSC04972.JPG

DSC04973.JPG

DSC04974.JPG

DSC04975.JPG

DSC04976.JPG

DSC04977.JPG

DSC04978.JPG

DSC04979.JPG

DSC04980.JPG

DSC04981.JPG

DSC04985.JPG

oh and ed gave chris huelsbeck a pandora tshirt.

Well... he's a nice guy, he composed the most favourite music of my childhood (Turrican 2 :D ) and he likes the Pandora (and also took a picture of it a few days ago).

I HAD to give him a shirt :)

He's back tomorrow for more live music on stage, right beside our booth :D

his performance was incredibly funny and professional at the same time. looking forward to it.

Just spotted that ED and I have the same Pacman Usual Suspects teeshirt!!(spooky!!) ;)

I will upload a video of the pandora booth at gamescom when I get back home. The retro area in gamescom has more life to it. I went walkabout today but ill be damned if i could queue for a few hours just to try some new games. I will help ed out again tomorrow.Its the last day and I dont leave till monday.All the guys from the community helping ed out are good guys.

Great show guys. I'm glad to see such a strong showing of the Pandora, and classic games in general. We just had the classic gaming expo here in vegas last week, but it was nothing like GamesCom appears to be. Keep the pics and vids coming, they are greatly appreciate by those of us who couldn't make the journey.

Chris

I must agree with mr swat german women are very beautiful.as shown in his cunningly taken pictures purporting to be about gamescom coverage. Some of the girls cosplay costumes leave very little to my admittedly fertile imagination.skyrim warrior girl? She had me at hello.

Just arrived home. Cudos to those, who can keep up the whole week. It was an amazing endevour and I'm happy to have met you in person. Hope we keep in contact.

Great show guys. I'm glad to see such a strong showing of the Pandora, and classic games in general. We just had the classic gaming expo here in vegas last week, but it was nothing like GamesCom appears to be. Keep the pics and vids coming, they are greatly appreciate by those of us who couldn't make the journey.

Chris

Careful with that. Most of the pictures here are just of the small retro area. It's lovely, true, but it's just a small heaven within that big and annoying thing that the Gamescom is now. I would not say the Gamescom at the moment is worth a visit, except you like to spent 2-3 hours in a queue to see 15 minutes of a certain game. This is sick. I went past the booth for Assassins Creed 3 and the queue was already at the "300 minutes from here" spot. And it was only thursday. This is ridiculous and I really wonder why people do this. Why waiting 5 hours to see a mediocre game when you have a fully blown 80s Arcade right around the corner in the Retro-Section, that does not even cost a dime to play? :p A well. I wish they have a bigger retro-corner and redesign the rest of the fair. :) Where was I...a right: Don't get fooled by Linux-Swat's pictures. They make you think the whole gamescom is a huge heaven, filled with old computers and young girls. No. It's a dream and it stays a dream ;)

who are the staff working at the pandora booth?

Let's start the collection:

Besides ED there are WrathofKhan, Linux-SWAT and Askarus for the whole week (or most of it at least). I was there on Thursday and I have to apologize because I already forgot the nicknames of the other nice guys :) Help me out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Careful with that. Most of the pictures here are just of the small retro area. It's lovely, true, but it's just a small heaven within that big and annoying thing that the Gamescom is now.

Totally agree with that.

I don't want to leave our retro heaven :) .

It's great here.

Here my favourite sentence from a visitor:

"Oh, boring, it's just a mini PC. Let's go on"

For the girls:

We found out that Spyro attracts them.

They're always screaming: "Oh. Spyro. It's Spyro" :D

Careful with that. Most of the pictures here are just of the small retro area. It's lovely, true, but it's just a small heaven within that big and annoying thing that the Gamescom is now. I would not say the Gamescom at the moment is worth a visit, except you like to spent 2-3 hours in a queue to see 15 minutes of a certain game. This is sick. I went past the booth for Assassins Creed 3 and the queue was already at the "300 minutes from here" spot. And it was only thursday. This is ridiculous and I really wonder why people do this. Why waiting 5 hours to see a mediocre game when you have a fully blown 80s Arcade right around the corner in the Retro-Section, that does not even cost a dime to play? :p A well. I wish they have a bigger retro-corner and redesign the rest of the fair. :) Where was I...a right: Don't get fooled by Linux-Swat's pictures. They make you think the whole gamescom is a huge heaven, filled with old computers and young girls. No. It's a dream and it stays a dream ;)
In Leipzig at the old Games Convention I never had to wait longer then 10 minutes. I'm also sure, even at the gigantic E3 you don't have to wait hours to see a game. Somehow the GamesCom does something pretty wrong.

However, people told me, that you don't have to wait at least at the Diablo 3 stand, it's pretty empty there over the whole Convention. :rolleyes:

For the girls:

We found out that Spyro attracts them.

They're always screaming: "Oh. Spyro. It's Spyro" :D
Ah, so to get the girls, I just have to disguise as Spyro? Good to know. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, our retro corner is probably the nicest place here.

We see people coming back, spending hours, smiling while playing.

As the gaming is now an industry (like music), many big boothes are just boring and it seems that the giveaways are a bit ridiculous.

I noticed that germans likes tatoos. I never seen that many tatooed girls and boys. And also that ear thing that makes a hole in it.

DSC04986.JPG

DSC04987.JPG

DSC04989.JPG

DSC04990.JPG

DSC04992.JPG

DSC04993.JPG

DSC04995.JPG

DSC04996.JPG

DSC04997.JPG

DSC04998.JPG

DSC05002.JPG

DSC05003.JPG

DSC05004.JPG

DSC05006.JPG

DSC05007.JPG

DSC05008.JPG

DSC05009.JPG

DSC05012.JPG

DSC05013.JPG

DSC05014.JPG

Also, about gaming girls i totally forgot the Amstrad.

I was a bit sad when we left today, because we only have one last day.

It's nice to have met together and discovered our true faces.

There's also two members of ED's family who are helping.

Hopefully they are not as evil as him.

DSC05015.JPG

DSC05016.JPG

DSC05017.JPG

DSC05019.JPG

DSC05020.JPG

DSC05021.JPG

DSC05022.JPG

DSC05023.JPG

DSC05024.JPG

DSC05025.JPG

DSC05026.JPG

DSC05027.JPG

DSC05028.JPG

DSC05029.JPG

DSC05030.JPG

DSC05031.JPG

DSC05032.JPG

DSC05033.JPG

DSC05034.JPG

DSC05035.JPG

Last batch.

Today we showed a bit more accessories, including DVB dongle, usb-rj45, usb-rs232, etc.. It's always fun to see the faces of the people who realizes the awesomeness of the OP.

Those ones get free t-shirts ;) .

Maybe tomorrow we can make some VOIP demo.

Mmm... or maybe i'll grab the Spyro .iso and make some private presentations...

DSC05036.JPG

DSC05038.JPG

DSC05039.JPG

DSC05040.JPG

DSC05041.JPG

DSC05042.JPG

DSC05043.JPG

DSC05044.JPG

DSC05045.JPG

DSC05046.JPG

DSC05047.JPG

DSC05048.JPG