GamesCom 2012 conclusion?

and this :)

f5aw49.png

...why so massive tinypic?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to know if the demand for the pandora increased dramatically now? I would love to see you guys making some money after all... And did any pandoras get lost/stolen as some were afraid of? And what was your favorite visitor story?
no pandoras were harmed in the making of this production but about 10 sd cards were pilfered by some dishonest punters.but mostly the people coming to the booth were great.lots of kids playing pandoras too.there were 3 or 4 intenesely interested guys on the last day.i had my 1ghz pandora out for demonstration.so many hands touched my pandora.
Maybe someone should implement a showcase mode, where if a user removes any SD card without first prompting some password protected eject sequence, it will make a big whooping alarm noise. Should save some SD cards for any upcoming conventions.

Just came back home as well :)

Thanks for everyone helping out - we should definitely see more users soon :D
Trusty Pandoramobile ^^.

Did you listened video games music during the travel ? ;)

Of course. We were taling about final Fantasy and other RPGs and video game music.

And you? Did you finally visit some nightclub :lol: .

To those who think Pandora's hardware is outdated:

I only had one or two who said this.

One even said:

Oh, you can even go up to 1 GH.

So CPU speed is not a problem.

I'll just leave this here...

Hope it's ok for the shown persons ;)

IMG_20120819_173248-v2.jpg

Got back from Gamescom not too long ago myself. The retro section was definately a highlight of the show and the Pandora seemed to have a very strong showing which was awesome. The 1GHz units seemed to run smoother although I didn't get much time to demo one. The silver colour alone certainly made me want one! ED was kind enough to fix my LCD cable right there and then, so I got an almost 20 minute long Pandora repair video (although I haven't checked the quality yet, I wasn't looking at the viewfinder). If anyone wants to see it I can upload it to youtube. It's great to have my Pandora working again! The photos Linux-SWAT uploaded show it being repaired too. I have a tonne of photos I might upload here soon if anyone's interested - I'll keep it Pandora and retro related.

All the staff there were excellent too, you were all really friendly and helpful. Sorry, but I'm absolutely awful at remembering names so I forget who each of you were. Particular highlights were seeing the Pandora running on a portable projector and having a go on the iControlPad in two player so thanks to the guys who set those up!

Thanks ED for the shirts! And the pen! And once again, thanks so much for the repair :) . Keep up the excellent work and let's hope for lots of new users!

DSCN2222.JPG

I was one of the helpers at Gamescom. Almost all feedback i got was very positive. Nearly every visitor i talked to liked the Pandora. Most people were shocked at first when they heard the price but after explaining a little bit of the background story they all had understanding for why it can't be cheaper.

I was there on thursday and saturday. Overall on thursday people seemed to be a little nicer and with more understanding. On saturday there were some guys every now and then who hold the Pandora just for a few seconds and then just slamed it back on the table.

I also noticed (on both days) that many girls liked the Pandora - actually more than i expected. Two of them were real Linux experts and so impressed of the Pandora that they promised to buy one. :)

What i liked most about those two days on Gamescom - besides meeting ED and all the other community members and Pandora fans - were all those retro machines. I played Virtual Boy for the first time in my live! Ok after two minutes i got a headache but it was totally worth it! :D Here a pic i took of one guy playing it:

IMG-20120818-WA0005.jpg

Fen-Fire by name ... Playing with fire in the pic...

Pyromaniac? :)

I wondered what you were doing in that shot, blazing a Zippo lighter by looks of it, couldn't think why, now I think you just have one burning next to you at all times.

Clue was in the name all along

Well done to all who got there and represented/helped out.

Sounds like wad good exposure eh, new users ahoy.

So did anyone record the talks Ed done?

I'd like to watch that if so...

After all it's a toy,

It's not a toy! It's a REAL COMPUTER! ;)

I'm so sorry :D I call most of my electronical things toys...people take it much easier since I refrain from saying My Preciousssssss when talking about the Pandora.

fen_fire said:
Well, I'm not on the big photo, but you can find me on the pics from the first two days. The girl with the red pandora-shirt :)

You...where the one I talked to for short when Michael was repairing the Pandora of Barnaby...right?

At the moment i'm uploading the Speach about the Pandora from ED(in german). I'll post it here later:)

Well done to all who got there and represented/helped out.
Sounds like wad good exposure eh, new users ahoy.

So did anyone record the talks Ed done?

I'd like to watch that if so...

Yes, i'm uploading them to YT at the moment:)

I'll post the link in various Threads and on my Website and i think ZLouD will also put a Link on Buechse.openpandora

Nice one infinity, cheers.

...I was watching a few vids of Gamescon on YT last night, the BMX skills were good too

Back