Gamescom 2019

dsc_0249-jpg.32789

I actually see a Dragon in this... thing... and it's looking at me in a sad way... seems like it's telling "Kiiiiiiiillll meeeee"

Pretty cool pictures so far, although everything thats not the Retro Arial whouldnt bother me much if i go,
too many Mainstream Free to Play Games, (Fortnith etc),

So there is a X86 Emulator for Pyra? Thats interessting..

I actually see a Dragon in this... thing... and it's looking at me in a sad way... seems like it's telling "Kiiiiiiiillll meeeee"

To me it looks more like a facehugger that didn't get off the road quickly enough. :D

imo it's an alien, maybe from pyraeus, frozen in carbonite. let's microwave it and.... :eek:

Actually, all it is, is just the dregs or drips from Melted plastic that was injected into moulds.

And yes, I'm fun @parties :D

To many people in my Opinion :(
Whe should make our own Pyra convention

Yeah I was thinking of that earlier, I always said I wanted to go to Gamescom at some point, but then seeing a picture like that with all the people and I'm not so sure anymore.

Reactions: rSl
To many people in my Opinion :(
Whe should make our own Pyra convention
I like the concept but question the practicality. There are a thousand or so of us spread pretty thinly over a very large planet...

Yeah I was thinking of that earlier, I always said I wanted to go to Gamescom at some point, but then seeing a picture like that with all the people and I'm not so sure anymore.
But, that would be the other alternative to a 'Pyra convention', to find a convention with a similar theme and have a Pyra 'meet up' at or near the convention hall.

Where 'gathering the group' starts to become practical is after ED sells a quarter million or so Pyras. Then getting even 1% of the owners together would be 'more than a coffee shop gathering'.

Gamescom is not worth the trouble, a lot of the area is just for giant screens showing trailers of stuff you can see on youtube the next day.
Then standing in a waiting line is like 3/4 of the experience.

I am all in for a forum meetup tho.

I ditnt saw someone whit a Pandora in all the Years i had my own,
So to find someone whit a Pyra?? I don’t know..
On such a convention like the Gamescom, in the Retro Area, i think there are more Peaple whit Pandora I ditnt saw in my environment the last 8 Years..

Even if there are about 8000 Pandorae in the Wild, this World is much to big for this tiny amount of Pandorae

Pretty sure that's actually an elder god's failed attempt at taking a corporeal form inside a Pyra.

Where 'gathering the group' starts to become practical is after ED sells a quarter million or so Pyras. Then getting even 1% of the owners together would be 'more than a coffee shop gathering'.
I met up with ClockworkCoder and went for a coffee when the prototype keyboard showoff was doing the rounds.

The RISC OS users are a similarly small group, although mainly concentrated around the UK/Germany/Netherlands. Their boards tend to be quiter, but they between them run a few shows around the UK and Europe each year, with turnouts in the few hundred I suspect. The difference perhaps is that there have historically been a few companies built around it, these days developing OS things and web browsers and games and probably other bits I've forgotten. We have a few open source developers who could show off their wares, but the motivation is different in those cases. They could show off stuff because it's cool, but they don't need to sell it in the same way.

I dunno, I don't think the number of people involved is the problem, it's more the type of community it is. Maybe renting a table at local things like the Play Expo which seems to be running in various different cities in the UK this year might work, but we can't expect ED to turn up to all of these, so we'd need some more of us to step forward and be able to show off the device.

Reactions: rSl
The Pyra with his co-handheld GPD Micro.
handheld_pyra1.jpg

More handheld pics:
handheld_gameboyscreenmod.jpg handheld_gamegearscreenmod.jpg
If you have a gameboy color or gamegear: ED has screen mods available and bring your classic handheld into todays quality standard for screens. No more ghosting or washed out colors and these have a backlight. Did you now the gameboy also has the usb-charged lipo battery mod and the gamegear has a vga-port?
https://www.dragonbox.de/en/repair-...dify-your-unit-including-usb-lipo-battery-mod
https://www.dragonbox.de/en/repair-...ill-we-modify-your-unit-incl-vga-lcd-upgrades
In case you have a Atari Lynx (1 or 2) there is also a screen mod with vga-port available:
https://www.dragonbox.de/en/repair-...ill-we-modify-your-unit-incl-vga-lcd-upgrades

More GPD-Micro photos with the trusty Pyra on the background:
handheld_gpdmax1.jpg handheld_gpdmax2.jpg handheld_gpdmax3.jpg
handheld_gpdmax4.jpg handheld_gpdmax5.jpg handheld_gpdmax6.jpg
https://www.dragonbox.de/en/mini-pc...cro-pc-windows-10-pro-minipcs-running-windows

How does that look compared to other handhelds?
handheld_mix.jpg handheld_mix2.jpg
The big one in the OneMix3s, the darkest is the GPD-Max and the grey are Pyra.
I've seen some transparent and other colored Pyra cases.

handheld_one1.jpg handheld_one2.jpg handheld_one3.jpg
handheld_one4.jpg handheld_one5.jpg
The OneMix3s is a netbook and tablet mix with a stylus.
https://www.dragonbox.de/en/mini-pcs-umpc/onemix3s-512gb-ssd-16gb-ram-m3-8100y

handheld_table.jpg handheld_pocketgo.jpg
On the table a collection of handhelds playing older games, original or emulated.

ED's booth features some new and old hardware. If you have a retro console ED has some nice accessories to keep them gaming.
retro_1.jpg retro_consoles.jpg retro_consoles2.jpg retro_mega.jpg retro_megadrive.jpg console_megaretro.jpg

And each year there is a nice selection of Indie games. Usually accompanied by people working on that game.
indie_line.jpg indie_overview.jpg

Can you guess what this is?
spotted_racesimulator.jpg
It's a driving simulator, it features a full car dashboard with pedals and can move according to the Forza game it runs.

Last edited:
Back