Gba

Hi guys, I must be missing out on something here. I've looked for documentation on how to set this up (google/archive/forum). It doesn't seem obvious/ in existence. Are there SDL libraries to be installed for this? Maybe someone could whack together a quick readme, for the general use. Or perhaps there is a web link someone could drop. Or maybe Spyro Season of Ice is just not going to run (its the only one I own), got as far as using gmenu selector.

Thanks for any help.

Draken posted on Oct 16 2006 at 08:29 AM said:
Orkie posted on Oct 16 2006 at 05:14 PM said:
There is no reason why it couldn't. There are GBA emulators for the Pocket PC which are no more powerful than the GP2X.

There are various ppc models. Some are 600+ mhz.

Yes, but often this 600Mhz doesn't mean much because they are using Xscale and the like.

Last edited by a moderator:
:( I still can't get this to work, this is my gmenu2x file:

Code:
title=vba2x
icon=/mnt/sd/vba2x/vba.png
exec=/mnt/sd/vba2x/vba.gpe
params=[selFullPath] --frameskip=2 --no-auto-frameskip
clock=250
selectordir=/mnt/sd/vba2x/roms/
selectorfilter=gba
wrapper=true

And my rom filename has nothing but letters in it...

I'll just try re-copying the rom, but after that I'm out of ideas.
EDIT: Didn't work :(

EDIT: Have tried removing all other params, and I still get a black screen.

try moving [selFullPath] to the end, as the last parameter.
I don't set frameskip trough command line so I don't know if this works. Personally I set frameskip and disable auto-frameskip by editing the config file, so I only have [selFullPath] in params.

Anyone tried Golden Sun 2? Just blackscreen for me... however, Mario Kart, Konoa (or however its called), Golden Sun 1 & Advance Wars 2 work fine for me, even with savestates.

Aninhumer posted on Oct 16 2006 at 06:27 PM said:
:( I still can't get this to work, this is my gmenu2x file:

I never used gmenu2x before and I copied this file too and I got black screens too
But I tried to open and reopen and It now works
Use
selectorfilter=.gba
instead of gba without the dot
If that is not working rename the .gba files into small word not special characters / space
And wait 1 min at the first load of a game...

I now have the ".gba" in place, and I even tried using a 16kb PD tech demo (filename demo.gba) to make sure it wasn't a dodgy rom. :(

I didn't have the oppertunity to wait 1 minute because the wrapper was on, but even with it off it doesn't load after a minute.

Aninhumer posted on Oct 16 2006 at 08:14 PM said:
I now have the ".gba" in place, and I even tried using a 16kb PD tech demo (filename demo.gba) to make sure it wasn't a dodgy rom. :(

I didn't have the oppertunity to wait 1 minute because the wrapper was on, but even with it off it doesn't load after a minute.
Weird question (because it happened to me)
at exec you see ?
exec=/mnt/sd/vba2xh/vba.gpe

or try to remove this
selectorfilter=.gba

Code:
title=vbafs20
icon=/mnt/sd/vba2xh/vba.png
exec=/mnt/sd/vba2xh/vba.gpe
clock=242
selectordir=/mnt/sd/roms/gba/
wrapper=true

NaCCuRiT said:
or try to remove this
selectorfilter=.gba

Wow deadly that worked, or renaming my rom to lower case short. Well it sort of worked, now I've got a white box sort of gba sized (res I would expect) , just sitting there, with a white screen... Any further gems of inner circle knowledge - anyone?

I just basically started from scratch, trying to change as few things as possible and it worked! :) :) (for the demo anyhow)
Trying an actual game now.
:) :) :)

Draken posted on Oct 16 2006 at 04:29 PM said:
There are various ppc models. Some are 600+ mhz.
My Axim X5 with a 400MHz XScale runs PocketGBA very well.

Yup its just Spyro not working, I think.

Edit; Meaning that was a bad one to try.

does any1 know how mr. driller or pokemon emerald run. When i tested them on the last emulator the menu and videos worked great which led me to believe they could be playable, however they froze once actual gameplay started. I would be very happy if sum1 could tell me how they run on the update because i dont have the ablity to test them myself rite now

Jackd posted on Oct 16 2006 at 06:58 PM said:
does anyone know how mr. driller or pokemon emerald run? When I tested them on the last emulator the menu and videos worked great which led me to believe they could be playable, however they froze once actual gameplay started. I would be very happy if someone could tell me how they run on the update because I dont have the ablity to test them myself right now

Edited, for your own good.

Paradox posted on Oct 15 2006 at 08:10 PM said:
what happened to that guy who was making a GBA emu from scratch? it was called Illex Boy Advance i think...

Lots of promises and no delivery. He supposedly didn't have access to a computer for over a month, nor a house to live in. Yet everyone still cheered him on.

TelcoLou posted on Oct 16 2006 at 09:03 PM said:
Jackd posted on Oct 16 2006 at 06:58 PM said:
does anyone know how mr. driller or pokemon emerald run? When I tested them on the last emulator the menu and videos worked great which led me to believe they could be playable, however they froze once actual gameplay started. I would be very happy if someone could tell me how they run on the update because I dont have the ablity to test them myself right now

Edited, for your own good.

Well said.

Back