Gbax 2007 Coding Competition Entries Online

*whistles* :rolleyes:
whistle2copycs0.png

It seems for 4 weeks would to be :(
They using inefficent sorting function

I'm still waiting for the results to... :)
But I know, such competitions never have a definite deadline for the results...never ever...
So I expect the results next month or December or next Year. ;) Thank good I haven't made an entry, would be to excitingly for my weak heart :lol:

They even didn't update their site since 9 July.

Real developers are black-hearted, like the strings of code penetrating through flesh...

If craig is online tonight I hope to get the results sorted out. Apologies again for the results being late, usually we are roughly on time but this year was a last minute decision to do the compo (we wasn't even planning to do one) so we had other things going on during the period when we was judging the entries.

I will update the compo homepage in a minute with a quick update.

Guyfawkes said:
...we wasn't even planning to do one
That would have been a shame, looking at the quality of the releases this year!
Great year for gp2x's homebrew!
Ooray to the devs!

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher said:
Lol, cockney accent emulator!
It is better than a black-screen emulator anyway then?!!

Guyfawkes said:
If craig is online tonight I hope to get the results sorted out. Apologies again for the results being late, usually we are roughly on time but this year was a last minute decision to do the compo
Methinks it is great that the compo were done - As virusx said, the quality of the entries were amazing. It is a big win for the whole community, so methinks if the winners are announced today or next week or next month really matters a lot less than the fact that it was done to begin with.

Hooray for you all! :)

We have now got the list of top entries down to half a dozen or so. We have a general idea of what's going to be 1st and 2nd (but not for definite) but are having a very hard time deciding 3rd out of the remaining half dozen. This year is an absolute b*stard for deciding the winners as we know there are going to be annoyed authors on whatever we decide due to the quality of the entries. As I said the half dozen all deserve a winning place but there can only be three winners.

I think me and Craig should come to a final decision tonight if we are both online. So if all goes well the results *may* be online tonight if not tomorrow night as I really don't want to make people wait any longer.

Will the results sorted by system? So top 3 for GP2X and DS and the others seperately? (Yes, this would need 3 or more first places. ^^ I'm asking because I think it's hard to compare a PSP game and a GP2X Game in one single list. (PSP usualy has better graphics for example)

fusion_power said:
I think it's hard to compare a PSP game and a GP2X Game in one single list. (PSP usualy has better graphics for example)
Isn't it a 'Coding Competition' after all?

Guyfawkes said:
We have now got the list of top entries down to half a dozen or so. We have a general idea of what's going to be 1st and 2nd (but not for definite) but are having a very hard time deciding 3rd out of the remaining half dozen. This year is an absolute b*stard for deciding the winners as we know there are going to be annoyed authors on whatever we decide due to the quality of the entries. As I said the half dozen all deserve a winning place but there can only be three winners.

I think me and Craig should come to a final decision tonight if we are both online. So if all goes well the results *may* be online tonight if not tomorrow night as I really don't want to make people wait any longer.
When you release the top 3 will you also release who the other 3 close runners up were please? I have been annoyed with all the other ones you only give places for the final top 3 and no runners up at all.

Back