void main()
Website
zacaj.com
A few questions about GBAX 2008:
Will the iPhone be included?
If so: will the iPhone be a prize?
Will the Pandora be a prize?
What does GBAX stand for?

There isn't any immediate plans for GBAX 2008. Craig and myself haven't even talked about it yet so this post is the first time it has been brought up :)

I would guess Craig is busy with the Pandora at the moment so I don't think it would happen until after the Pandora launch, at least a couple of months after to give things time to settle down. I am trying to take a bit of a back seat this year from 'the scene' as I don't have as much time as I used to, a lot of work goes into the competition and not having the free time causes a lot of problems as proved with last years delays in the results. The compo should go ahead at some point but I cant say when.

I doubt iPhone will be in the compo, I don't have or intend to buy that overpriced phone (UK price is a joke) and no idea if craig has one. We both need one to judge the entries so it is unlikely it will be in the compo. The usual devices should be in the compo; GP32, GP2X, PSP, GBA/DS and probably the Pandora. No idea on the prizes yet, probably a choice of console with cash, similar to last year.

GBAX is Craigs old store, GBA for the console and the X I am not sure, probably because GBA.com was taken :)

I'd figured a GBAX Compo'd happen right around pandora launch (kinda like with the GP2X...) to milk out some extra stuff for the old systems and use the new *just released* system as a prize, but I'm definite that Guyfawkes'd know better.

It should happen after the Pandora launch but not immediately after. It will give the time for devs to get used to the system, time to get used to coding for it and so on.

No way I am doing only a Pandora as a prize, last time we done that we got blamed for tempting devs to other consoles, so it will probably be a choice of console like the last one :)

Also Kojote at pdroms is starting a coding competition this week which covers a variety of platforms. We usually start after his compo so not to clash with his. We do ours around March time (last years was late due to lack of time) so it will probably be around May at a rough guess. I will need to speak to craig about it.

Back