Gbax Emails Notifcation

I'm as confused as you are. Afaik, there is a screen protector on top of the screen, and then another one beneath it. I can't seem to remove that one, and I'm starting to doubt that it's there.

Sam, mine got posted yesterday. It didn't arrive today. Helpfully, GBAX never reply to my emails unless I'm thinking of parting with more money. Good luck getting yours ..

I've ordered four things and they have all come next day from GBAx. However i am not in till 12 tomorrow anyway so ill probably get mine on saturday either way. I hope yours comes tomorrow.

taras posted on Dec 15 2005 at 07:41 PM said:
Sam, mine got posted yesterday. It didn't arrive today. Helpfully, GBAX never reply to my emails unless I'm thinking of parting with more money. Good luck getting yours ..

What? We reply to every email we get (apart from spamish ones). Or if an email is asking questions clearly answered elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird craig. I fired off two today and didn't get a reply, one about the GP2X not arriving today and where to send it instead if it gets returned (hopefully it'll come tomorrow), and one asking for the tracking number so I could check if it was at the sorting office.

Just wanted to say I got mine today - would have had it yesterday but missed the postman. Given the time of year I think it's understandable if packages take more than a couple of days to arrive but then I've always been pretty easy going.

It's a lovely bit of kit and like someone previous the first thing I did was fire up Sonic and the joystick felt fine to me. OTOH Sonic probably isn't the best test for that.

I have had one issue with the SD card reader (which I wasn't even expecting) I can get my PC to recognise it but no matter where I put the tab it says the card is write-protected. If I put the SD card in my other computer's Floppy/card reader combo drive I can read and write to it ok.

EDIT: oh, the same PC that wouldn't let me write to the SD card reader wouldn't let me connect direct to the GP2X either so it looks like it may be something up with the PC. Which is good. Um, and bad.

nickspoon posted on Dec 15 2005 at 08:05 PM said:
I'm as confused as you are. Afaik, there is a screen protector on top of the screen, and then another one beneath it. I can't seem to remove that one, and I'm starting to doubt that it's there.

I just got mine, but I could see the screen 3 screen protectors very easily. There's one with a red label on the LCD, a white (oversized) protector on the plastic cover (the actual screen protector) and a transparent one on the same plastic cover. (There was also one on the power etc bar.) The transparent protector was easy to see and peel off. While it was on the actual screen protector looked scratched and blurry. When I removed it it looked very clear.
I hope this helps!

craigix posted on Dec 15 2005 at 09:21 PM said:

What? We reply to every email we get (apart from spamish ones). Or if an email is asking questions clearly answered elsewhere.
Yeah I can confirm that, sometimes i've gotten answers in the evening, thats dedication!
:thumbsup: :D

I'm usually pretty easy going too, but the only reason I'm still in a squalid student flat and not being fed and watered at home is because i'm waiting for the GP2X :)

And for the record...
Code:
Mailed-By: gmail.com
To: "GP2X. co. uk Sales" <sales@cdworld.co.uk>
Date: 15-Dec-2005 14:05
Subject: Re: GP2X - Your order has been sent

Is there any chance you could email me the tracking number for the
order? I could go to the sorting office and see if they have it before
they send it back - but I have been in all day and the postman didn't
bring it with the other mail. (order = GVV*********)

Thanks
Taras

Hmmm, I ordered on the 2nd of November and got my dispatch notification last Sunday. Still no actual GP2X, though... :huh:

Oh well, I've sent them a (polite) email asking them to track the package for me.

I won't get mine probably until next week, I'm gettin mine as a gift so it'll be shipped here when it arrives elsewhere. But i did get my confirmation email a few days ago so its good news =D

I'd just like to butt my head in and say that GBAX has been quite good with replying to my emails, and I should (hopefully) be getting my fixed 2x this week.

Hey, don't be knocking our Craig !!!!! :blink:

Lazrhog, I'm often the first to jump to Craig's defence.. I've been buying stuff from GBAX since 2002, it's just that this time it was getting a bit tedious. Jacquelyn found my emails and replied that it should arrive today, so I'm expectant now :)

nickspoon posted on Dec 15 2005 at 06:05 PM said:

No, there's a vinyl cover on top of the screen protector, a big white one on the bottom and one attached to a red tag on the screen itself. There is also one over the battery indicator bar thing.

Firefox posted on Dec 16 2005 at 05:10 AM said:
Hmmm, I ordered on the 2nd of November and got my dispatch notification last Sunday. Still no actual GP2X, though... :huh:

Oh well, I've sent them a (polite) email asking them to track the package for me.

I spoke too soon! Apparently it's turned up today! :D

Back