Gemei A320

Atomic Man

Still Fresh
http://thegadgetsite.blogspot.com/2008/10/...ame-player.html
200894155736741.jpg

Gemei has announce it's latest MP4/Game player. The Gemei A320 will support GBA games through emulation, some form of 3D game support, TV out, standard MP4 features, and features a stylish compact glossy white design.

Right off the bat I noticed the Sony PSP like buttons, iPodish white glossy finish, and a bit of gameboy micro style design. Nothing too original yet still has an overall sleek design.

its interesting to note that the A320 looks much more game-oriented than other MP4 players. it sports a proper d-pad and buttons placed in a diamond where they belong.

the Gemei site says it has a 3.0 inch screen and will have a price advantage over the PSP. :blink:

PS - how do i change my username? i was really tired at the time i registered and accidentally typed Atomic Man instead of Atomic Guy...

Last edited by a moderator:
http://mp4nation.net/blog/?p=293
i just found this blog on mp4nation which says that it may have the same internals as the Gemei X760, JXD 301 and Ainol V2000. OOPS I CANT READ, it actually says that it may have the same internals as the Gemei X760+ (not the X760), which uses an Ingenic JZ4740, not a Blackfin. :( but who knows what it will actually be using at this point...

I have this player
Here is a link with some good pics
http://item.taobao.com/auction/item_detail...12b54a0ed.jhtml

and heres a video of some games
http://www.videospot.org/Dingoo-Digital-A3...CE2Vv4Srvw.html

also I found a site that shows how to upgrade the firmware but this time its in Japanese!!
http://blog.livedoor.jp/r35psp/archives/658899.html

Overall impression
The unit only comes with a Chinese menu installed and manual , I change it into English under the setting tab.
Its solid, the buttons are o.k but I did find that the type "L" & "R" button are a bit clicky

Music and Video play fine, no conversion needed - it be nice if these thing could play .mkv files but for now all .avi play great on the TV out.

Theres also a pic album viewer/ build in FM radio and a robotic sounding english voice that reads .txt files

Games
There are 2 menu option for games , 3D and interesting

3D- Some of the 3D games don't work and this causes the whole unit to freeze, you cannot switch off the unit so the only option is to put a paperclip into the reset button. Its pure trial & error finding out what 3D games work, then its a matter of connect the A320 to your PC and deleting all the games that freeze...not good

Interesting Games
Neo Geo games work great, no lag, on the bigger size games the sound seems to be disabled to help the game run - theres no way of enabling the sound, even if you choose sound on in the menu? But again the games that do work look amazing on the TV out. All the roms must be converted from ZIP files based on .bin into MVS files. ZIP files that contain .ROM files will not work- I believe this is the same setup as the Gemei 760

The is new firmware out which allows you to play NES/SNES/ CPS1+2 games but for the life of me I not figured out how to get them working. I put the .SIM files into the game dir and created new CPS2 and NES folders with ROMS but nothing will play

Button layout
The buttons are ok but the real test to see if they are suitable for game play is trying to perform fireballs or uppercuts in streetfighter- I'm getting about 60% success-

The new firmware is 1.02 but again I have no idea how to upgrade it

Overall I'm very happen with the unit- it cost me about $80, a lot less that a new psp slim, it can play films and games on the TV, there are lots of "free" roms for the emulators and the unit does not look cheap compare to the other stuff I've seen.

I'm now waiting for the Oppo muse G11, which is the same as above but with a touch screen and hidden controls...

8/10 then overall

O.k lets try this again, for some reason my last attempt did not work. note: to the adimn, I'm not selling these I just brought one for my son and want to see what other people think of them:-

Overall impression
The unit only comes with a Chinese menu installed and manual , I change it into English under the setting tab.
Its solid, the buttons are o.k but I did find that the type "L" & "R" button are a bit clicky

Music and Video play fine, no conversion needed - it be nice if these thing could play .mkv files but for now all .avi play great on the TV out.

Theres also a pic album viewer/ build in FM radio and a robotic sounding english voice that reads .txt files

Games
There are 2 menu option for games , 3D and interesting

3D- Some of the 3D games don't work and this causes the whole unit to freeze, you cannot switch off the unit so the only option is to put a paperclip into the reset button. Its pure trial & error finding out what 3D games work, then its a matter of connect the A320 to your PC and deleting all the games that freeze...not good

Interesting Games
Neo Geo games work great, no lag, on the bigger size games the sound seems to be disabled to help the game run - theres no way of enabling the sound, even if you choose sound on in the menu? But again the games that do work look amazing on the TV out. All the roms must be converted from ZIP files based on .bin into MVS files. ZIP files that contain .ROM files will not work- I believe this is the same setup as the Gemei 760

The is new firmware out which allows you to play NES/SNES/ CPS1+2 games but for the life of me I not figured out how to get them working. I put the .SIM files into the game dir and created new CPS2 and NES folders with ROMS but nothing will play

Button layout
The buttons are ok but the real test to see if they are suitable for game play is trying to perform fireballs or uppercuts in streetfighter- I'm getting about 60% success-

The new firmware is 1.02 but again I have no idea how to upgrade it

Overall I'm very happen with the unit- it cost me about $80, a lot less that a new psp slim, it can play films and games on the TV, there are lots of "free" roms for the emulators and the unit does not look cheap compare to the other stuff I've seen.

I'm now waiting for the Oppo muse G11, which is the same as above but with a touch screen and hidden controls...

8/10 then overall

There's been a mention on the MP4nation board that Gemei has released a SDK for the 760+. Hopefully homebrew and ports will take off on the 760+ and A320 if its true.

Hi again DisgruntleElf !!

It be great if someone like Zodtt could program for this , both the gemei 760+ and the dingoo A320 have about the same power as a PSP, so they should be able to emulate MAME & evern PS1 games.

told you you're allowed to put X on a device and not get sued.

Well I'm wondering why I found it in a name of Dingoo A320 ( Edit: ohh the Dingoo has a smaller screen 2,8" ) I think it is the same ,, If it would have linux and a better ARM CPU I would buy it instead of Wiz it's design is awesome I love it ,, Ohh and and would be nice if it had SDIO/SDHC instead of miniSD

Well it was released in China I don't know about other countries but it is possible to buy it on eBay for bout 80 $
at least the Dingoo A320

Don't know are this devices different but the pictures are the same but there is writen that Dingoo A320 has 2,8' screen and the topic staret said that Gemei A320 has 3' so maybe they are different

The Dingoo A320 is now available on DealExtreme, and the SDK is available for it. Seems to be MIPS (mipsel) based, not ARM and not Blackfin. It runs Linux of some kind too. I might pick one up sometime.

I ordered one as well. DealExtreme's price of $85.00 including shipping was way too cheap to pass up. I hope with the release of the SDK, homebrew will take off.

Back