Gemei A320

'lodoss118' said:
I mean what other place can help this little machine out, i really like this forum with all these new projects and such, with this community we can help this little baby out.
Why? It's unremarkable in every aspect.

Last edited by a moderator:
'PoisonedV' said:
'lodoss118' said:
I mean what other place can help this little machine out, i really like this forum with all these new projects and such, with this community we can help this little baby out.

That's your opinion...

I bought one from DX and if the D-pad is half-decent I'll code for it.

Check this new cool video shows tv out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eigNBRMzLU

'PoisonedV' said:
The most remarkable aspect about the A320 is... IT'S AVAILABLE! It's gonna be a long wait till Pandora tops that.

'DisgruntleElf' said:
'PoisonedV' said:
The most remarkable aspect about the A320 is... IT'S AVAILABLE! It's gonna be a long wait till Pandora tops that.
A few months? Is that really considered 'a long wait'?

'Username' said:
A few months? Is that really considered 'a long wait'?
I hope its only a few more months maybe with luck even less. This GP2X community has stuck by Pandora since Craig revealed the news in 2007. Realisticly, the Pandora blog to do list could take awhile.

Just stumbled across this thing actually & I can't get it outta my head. It's (almost) exactly what I've been looking for for a while now - something in Gameboy Micro form-factor that I can play genesis games on. For me the wiz is just slightly too big and too expensive, and not to mention overpowered for what i'd use it for to merit buying one on top of my already pre-ordered panda. At 85 bux this seems like a steal. I'm just gonna hold off on ordering one until the other gp32xers who ordered them get theirs & give their impressions. If we could get some homebrew on this it really would be perfect.

Oh yah, is sizeasy.com acting weird for other people? I went on to compare it to Panda/DS Lite/Wiz/Gameboy Micro & It's all glitchy with the 3d view & it keeps giving me errors no matter how I enter certain dimensions...

EDIT: oops, forgot to post this, which is where I found the dimensions for it along with some other handy info:
c0876f86.jpg

Ordered!

I've always liked MIPS processors but only had chances to do little bits and bobs for them before. A 400MHz MIPS-alike in a GBA Micro form factor sounds too good to miss!

The combination of an LTPS-TFT display and bundled TV out cable might've slightly swayed my decision, too. :)

Could someone who has/is getting one do me a favor and if you have either of these GBA ROMs, test Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories or Golden Sun 2 in it.. thanks.

'Exophase' said:
Could someone who has/is getting one do me a favor and if you have either of these GBA ROMs, test Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories or Golden Sun 2 in it.. thanks.
I'm almost sure that the GBA emu is your emu. The Megadrive emu, for example, is a port of Picodrive.

Here is a rar with all the emus.

Found this nice size comparison photo:
dingoo_a320.jpg

as well as a buttload more on these other sites:
CODE
http://ruliweb.empas.com/ruliboard/read.htm?num=70114&table=hb_news&main=hb
http://product.tgbus.com/ImgItem.aspx?imgid=1215

I'm about to cave ;]

'Firefox' said:
I've always liked MIPS processors but only had chances to do little bits and bobs for them before. A 400MHz MIPS-alike in a GBA Micro form factor sounds too good to miss!
Check out the Ingenic ftp for a lot of goodies :)

'Exophase' said:
_Seagal_, an user from the gp32spain boards who has a Gemei X760+ (same hardware as the Dingoo A320) has tried the GBA emu with those roms:

- Golden Sun 2 works but, sometimes, the music crackles.
- Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories hangs while playing the intro video.

After being a bit skeptical initially, I think I'll get one of these to bide me over until the summer. Hopefully the Wiz will be out by then, even if it's main advantage over this is the OLED screen. But that's plenty for me.

EDIT: I support inclusion of this to the forums as well. I think the current slogan 'open source entertainment' is the best definition of the forum. After all, it hasn't been gph only since the panda became popular. Mobileread.com seems like a good example for a site like this; subforums for all devices as long as they're meant for the use specified by the site. (ebooks or in this case, floss gaming)

EDIT2: I think I'll move back to waiting for Wiz. while a320 is cheap it doesn't have touchscreen or SDHC's (which I already have). Or at least wait for reviews. It doesn't seem to do much more than gp2x though, and cps2 looks like its limited to not support shooters, even if the controls would be alright.

'lodoss118' said:
its open source
Is it ,, I couldn't find any information about it's open source :( :( Where do You find information about it ,, I was looking and found nothing ( At least nothing in English :) :) ) ??

I think it was mentioned in DX comments that it's linux. Other than that (I read a bunch of them and could be mistaken), I'm just presuming, since it's not windows CE. They'd mention that, but don't necessarily mention linux.

Also, here's a question to those with the machine: I read something about it not supporting all normal formats of Neogeo roms, is there a converter or do you have to hunt down some obscure format to use it? And how difficult is it to upgrade an emu? most of them come bundled with the machine, right? CPS-2, does it work or not? And does it support screen rotating for shooters? I bet the controls wouldn't be very comfy for that, but maybe I'm wrong.

'klikklak' said:
I think it was mentioned in DX comments that it's linux. Other than that (I read a bunch of them and could be mistaken), I'm just presuming, since it's not windows CE. They'd mention that, but don't necessarily mention linux.
No Linux here. It uses µC/OS-II

Back