GemRB error

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
I had BG1 working via gemRB a few weeks ago. I accidentally deleted my appdata folder and had to go through and reinstall everything. Now I can't get gemRB to run anything :( I'm hoping someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong here. I had it working once so I know it's possible...

1) ran gemRB to create the /pandora/appdata/gemrb folder

2) added bg1 folder there (/pandora/appdata/gemrb/bg1)

3) copied the contents of my BG install directory entirely in there (a GOG install if that matters)

4) profit?

When I run I am getting the following error message in my pndrun_gemrb.out file:

sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -m -p /media/BD/pandora/menu//gemrb063.pnd -e start.sh -b gemrb -c 500

not mounted on loop yet, doing so

LoopMountedon:

/dev/loop7

Filetype is Squashfs

Mounting PND (mount -t squashfs) :

/dev/loop7 on /mnt/pnd/gemrb type squashfs (ro)

Filesystem is vfat

Mounting the Union FS using /media/BD/pandora/appdata/gemrb as Write directory:

mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs=/media/BD/pandora/appdata/gemrb=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/gemrb=rr none /mnt/utmp/gemrb

none on /mnt/utmp/gemrb type aufs (rw,si=6a606577,noplink)

none on /mnt/utmp/gemrb type aufs (rw,si=6a606577,noplink)

[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]

./gemrb: error while loading shared libraries:

/mnt/utmp/gemrb/lib/libgemrb_core.so.0: file too short

[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]

cleanup done

The errors are after I select what game to to run and I presume are related to those shared libraries?

I looked in the mounted PND and the files in question are there, though the required length is a mystery...

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
Even confirmation that the steps I took are accurate is valid info. It would help me know that Im looking at a real issue and not just a user error.

As secondary data I also installed BG2 (and moved all the bif files into the data folder) and get the same error. PST, same error. Calling a game not installed - same error.

Either this error is caused by a missing or badly installed game and GemRB cant find any of these games or theres another fundamental flaw in my gemRB installation.

Ive also re-downloaded gemRB from the repo incase I had a bad copy to no avail.

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
Turns out it *does* seem to be a corrupted PND. I downloaded the version at apps.openpandora.org and it worked just fine. Pulled the version from repo.openpandora.org and it dies.

The only issue I have now is that the version at apps.OP.org is version 0.6.3 and the version that works is 0.6.2.

Can someone with a *working* version of the 0.6.3 gemRB download the repo.openpandora.org version and do a checksum check or similar comparison? We may need someone to upload a working replacement. I believe repo is what PNDStore is pulling from which means we may be propagating the bad version...

mcobit

Advanced Member
Make a comment or report on the repo about your problems or nobody will know about this ;)

milkshake

Advanced Member
the one on repo.openpandora.org was packaged and uploaded by blue protoman so maybe he did something wrong ( i have since transferred ownership to jurnD ) and I have sent them Maintainer a message to fix the app, in the meantime I have disabled the download.

Prophet

God I'm old.
Website
Visit site
the one on repo.openpandora.org was packaged and uploaded by blue protoman so maybe he did something wrong ( i have since transferred ownership to jurnD ) and I have sent them Maintainer a message to fix the app, in the meantime I have disabled the download.

Thank you :)

JurnD

Still Fresh
Hi,

GemRB 0.6.4 released on repo.openpandora.org

Please let me know any bugs in the comments, i will try to fix them asap.

Cheers,

Jurn