Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Platform (think Mario, Sonic etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CCmachined

What's the general desire for homebrew and ports? :p
Figher = e.g. street fighter II, Mortal Combat etc

Edit: applies to ports too

I think the beauty of homebrew is that given enough time, developers will cover pretty much every genre a device is capable of supporting. Not to mention all the unique games that will mix those genres and be the next big thing, all you have to do is dream. Look at the GP2X, every main genre is covered by at least a couple of quality titles.

I voted 'God' cause I love life and social simulation games, god games, AI based games, virtual pet type stuff. (Sims, Sims 2, SimEarth, simlife, simant, majesty, spore (well they kinda fucked it up), cubivore, mysims, animal crossing games, seaman, doshin the giant, pikmin, black and white, little computer people, populous, nintendogs, tamagotchis, digipets, digimon, gigapets, pokemon pikachu and pocket pikachu and pokemon mini, alter ego, dungeon keeper, creatures, viva pinata, lion & wolf, even coming up on the more directly controlled things like harvest moon, facade, elder scrolls, fable, gta.)

I voted Sandbox / Non-Linear & 3D. My ultimate dream for Pandora would be that it becomes so successful that Rockstar release GTA San Andreas Stories for Pandora on SD card. Can't see it ever happening, and the prospects of an open source alternative seem remote (although the idea of an open source GTA style city intrigues me), but hey, I can dream.

I'd like to see some quality platformers & FPS', but thats up to the devs. I'd also love to see some music-shooters in lieu of Rez (rez being the main reason I hope a DC emu gets made).

I love good solid RPG games. If i had the time i'd love to make my own, but with work starting and school finishing it up, that probably won't be for some time.

Considering that most other interesting genres will be very much covered with good open-source games, I voted for sports.

I voted MMORPG
I never have time for WOW, but maybe if I had it in my pocket i could finally get into it (and by "it" I mean an open source version of WOW that will never happen or some made-from-scratch knock off)

nickik said:
cant you make the vote with checkbox instad of radios?
tried, but there's no option it seems... click the new thread button for yourself...
anyway i think this way is more interesting ^^

Edit: P.S. sorry that i forgot platformer, could a mod add it? (please, sorry lol) thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
[x]Turn-Based Strategy
because RTS is to stressful onto such a small Device and because I love Advance Wars. :D
But I also voted for 3D Development. for 2D I have my GP2X, tne Pandora has the SGX and I want to see what this baby is capable of. :)

I voted FPS just because they're easy to do. Nothing worse than a poorly done RTS (my actual first choice). It's damn hard to balance stuff.

I didn't vote... but thought I'd atleast share my personal favorite for a system of this type... Psychedelic demo-scene-esq short games, here's some examples of games I feel fit this sort of genre... (some GP32 titles first) drunken arcade master, bolcatoids, bolcataxian, elena, lacuna, xump, arcano(then some GP2X) snakes on dope, zoov, (pretty much any of ruckman, dzz or alex's stuff) I'll stop there...

That's the kinda cool stuff I wanna see on pandora, trippy games!

And lots of other types too :p

Bosbeetle said:
point n click adventure would be my choice
That was my first thought when I saw this poll. (<3 Adventure games :D )

Out of the choices there, I picked Sandbox/Non Linear though, these type of games almost always appeal to me for some reason.

Edit: I also picked 3D, I think we all wanna see what this baby can do. But if it comes down to either mediocre 3D or stellar 2D, I'd be more than happy with some amazing 2D games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back