Getting Usb Mouse Running?

FabreNZ

Although I am quite good with computers (I have been using them since I was 5), I do not have much experience with Linux. I have installed the Micro2 package on my GP32, and it is running fine. I have tied the data lines of two ports on my computer, but left the power lines running to the PSU, so I should be able to use USB devices on my computer without worrying about power. So my hardware is prepared, but how do I get a USB mouse working in GP32 Linux?

Thanks in advance :D

I don't know much about gplinux, but it seems you need to use gpm for that purpose, unless nano x has been configured to use no mouse, but it seems there is a mouse script in the x folder of micro2 so I suppose it's possible..

Thanks for replying, but could anyone give me more specific instructions on how to get the mouse working?

FabreNZ posted on May 30 2005 at 03:53 AM said:
Thanks for replying, but could anyone give me more specific instructions on how to get the mouse working?
You first have to get a USB hub and plug it between your gp32 and the mouse. In micro2 release, the mouse is in fact emulated by the GP32 joystick.

So you need a special kernel that does not include this driver, to be able to use a USB mouse.

Unfortuately I do not have much time, and this is the same for the other developpers.

Do you have a chatboard?

I could provide you a kernel with the regular drivers compiled in for you to test, but you would have to type some commands or to modify the 'start' file.

Sorry again, we do not have much free time, hopefully it will get better during the holidays.

cyberic

Last edited by a moderator:
Back