Gianas Return Wip Info

Yono posted on Jul 31 2006 at 03:06 AM said:
grahf posted on Jul 31 2006 at 02:56 AM said:
Man, the original Giana Sisters on C64 sure was awesome. Im really looking forward to trying this one. Unfortunatly i dont own a GP32.
Hmm, there must have been a miscommunication somewhere. This is for GP2X. :)
I know, i was just under the impression that their is a port of Gianas Return on the gp32 already.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, i was just under the impression that their is a port of Gianas Return on the gp32 already.

There is a GP32 version (v0.91 or v0.92) can't remember atm. The game was little bit buggy and was lacking of a few features which would have made it a final. As CHN and the code disappeared with him, I made several attempts to get a new team togehter (it took quite a while). The version now is going to be the final, with new code, new graphics, and a bunch of things which makes this game a bomb forever. We will also port it to several platforms, but you can find out more about that on the giana blog.

Kojote posted on Aug 2 2006 at 01:07 AM said:
Thanks for letting down the whole team, thanks for not responding to our attempts to reach you. We really thought you are few meters under the earth already...

Kojote, I don't have the energy and will to argue with you. I know I have let you down and it really doesn't belong to the things I've done which I'm proud of in my life. Sometimes, there are more important things in life than taking care of a freeware game programming project and you have to take care of your own personal things. I'm not having easy times. I hope you can accept my apology - I can understand you're upset, and if I were you, I would probably feel the same.

chn posted on Aug 3 2006 at 07:12 AM said:
Thanks for letting down the whole team, thanks for not responding to our attempts to reach you. We really thought you are few meters under the earth already...

Kojote, I don't have the energy and will to argue with you. I know I have let you down and it really doesn't belong to the things I've done which I'm proud of in my life. Sometimes, there are more important things in life than taking care of a freeware game programming project and you have to take care of your own personal things. I'm not having easy times. I hope you can accept my apology - I can understand you're upset, and if I were you, I would probably feel the same.

That is a lame excuse, sorry. No one asked you to work on the project or finish it. They kindly asked for the source code and you just ignored them like they or the whole community weren't even deserving of an e-mail reply. I never understand that. It takes 30 seconds to reply to an e-mail. No one is THAT busy that they can't shoot a fast e-mail that says "I have stopped working on it, the sources are a mess but here you go for what it is worth - bye". Would that have been so hard? I guess so ;)

chn posted on Aug 3 2006 at 07:12 AM said:

Of course everyone is having his own problems, no doubt about that. Still it was not the fine way to ignore someone who is trying to reach you (in fact it was not only me who tried to get in touch with you, I know of several other people). Anyway... it's all history now, so I hope your situation is better than before. In fact I am somehow happy that you are not "few meters under the earth" as we tought...

Kojote posted on Aug 4 2006 at 12:23 AM said:
In fact I am somehow happy that you are not "few meters under the earth" as we tought...

Wow! That's mighty generous!
"Surprisingly, for some reason, I'm glad you're not dead."

Back