Gigas Bitten The Dust????

Pirotic posted on Mar 3 2005 at 07:44 PM said:
Gigas runs great on the GP32, and thats with all the features chucked in - and cos the SDK is easy and it only takes a few seconds to test stuff on the hardware i have no interest in changing the primary format.
hiya, nice to see you back. :)

this might seem a bit cheeky, but have you got an estimate for a date for the next release?

edit: re: the quote - are you talking about the features we already have? or ones we haven't seen yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gigas is the unfinished project that I want the most to mature. I had always wanted a semi-easy way to make an rpg, but found that stuff was either too hard, or easy enough but not powerful enough. What I've seen of Gigas so far is the perfect balance of both for me. B) And it also has the added bonus of being on my favorite console. gp32_console :D

Well, i spent a few days coding a whole new menu system which didnt work out - i wanted it a bit more 'windows' so you could have multiple things open, and used a cursor to tick box's and change values by clicking arrows.

it looked much better, but isnt actually very good with a d-pad as it takes far longer to move the cursor over everything and click them - but it is 'easier' to use if your new to gigas as its more natural and familar so im torn, normally i'd put both in and let the user pick, but that'd mean having to code each menu twice everytime i add something and that sounds like a make shift solution rather than a decent one.

i suppose i learnt my lesson - cursors dont work on handhelds, so i'll probably have to go back and re-do the menus again, hopefully it'll be worth it and i've always got my old menu code (the cursor based one) for other projects if i need then.

no release date im affraid, and yer - current build has new stuff.

the multiple hotspots thing is annoying isnt it, have you ever considered making an alternative map with the door open, then just teleporting the player to that map when he walks over the spot, rather than changing each tile with a hotspot?

i'll keep you updated, but WoW is taking up lots of time atm :D

Everyone help me to create a plan to break WoW.... FOREVER!!! muahahahahahaha

I hope we get un update soon as everything on the Gigas front has gone quiet. (I just need a few extra things to finish my game off, Interactive objects mostly.) Hopefully we will hear from Pirotic soon. :)

Back