toxibunny

could you take a bit of time out for the

ooxoo
ooxoo
ooxoo

ooooo
xxxxx
ooooo

tile-collision bug-fix thingy please? i've got a few ideas, but this is really f$((king up my maps...

expect a couple of little games after this gets fixed... :p:p:p

could you take a bit of time out for the

ooxoo
ooxoo
ooxoo

ooooo
xxxxx
ooooo

tile-collision bug-fix thingy please? i've got a few ideas, but this is really f$((king up my maps...

expect a couple of little games after this gets fixed... :p:p:p

I'll do it this weekend, along with some of the other requests.

;) look forward to seeing the demos.

Last edited by a moderator:
it wont be a new version, as it'll only fix maybe one or two things. im busy working on GM for a bit, then i'll come back to Gigas and get everything finished.

cool, cause theres a good bit to do, no offense, that would make it really good!

~Octavious

I have a list of about 10 things which are really needed to get all the current features working as they were intented.

ability to make triggers affect hotspots (so, a hotspot will only work on a certain trigger condition), fixing the show_image function for the cutscenes, finding that bug in the teleport wizard (i can't replicate it, i've tried tons of times), allowing players to walk thru single tile spaces. an 'on death' setting for entitys, which can change a triggers value, or set off a cut scene etc. plus i need to tidy up the editing interface a bit and generally polish off whats already done.

haven't had any time to code anything for the last 2 weeks now, keep thinking "i'll do it tonight" then something comes up so i end up not having enough time. i'll sit down either tonight or an evening this week and get all the above done and release a new version, gigas is probably about 80% complete in terms of code, stuff like the experiance graph and items have been coded in for a while now, just haven't done the interface and editing sections for them.. so its further along than it looks.

when projects get big, you sometimes need to take time out and re-write a great deal of code before you can progress any further, the way i implemented some stuff (coding wise) such as triggers was rather make-shift.. it works, but takes far to long to add trigger functionality to another area of the editing (such as hotspots).

it's probably only about 5-10 hours work, but most of it needs to be done in one sitting, once your re-writing a big portion of the code you can't really stop until its finished, else the next day you'll forget where to start and whats working etc.

anyway, im blabbering. Gigas will be completed, and when it is hopefully it'll surpass what many of you expect - as a lot of getting re-written so existing functions will suddenly be better and easier to use, as well as all the stuff which is missing (Audio etc). it's just going to be very quiet for a bit.

Thanks for the support and suggestions, i've got them all written down in the todo.txt so if you dont mind waiting they'll get done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back