Release Ginge

Sorry my bad, i should have been more descriptive. Ginge starts in full screen mode but borders so you need to go into the gp2x settings to enable "proper" full screen mode - know what i mean? is there a way to make that default everything ginge is started?

Also i cant seem to find the correct button to bring up the menu in-emu eg gpfce. How can i bring up the emu menu so i dont need to use Q to quit the emu when i want to load a new rom?

Cheers!

jonlad1 said:
Sorry my bad, i should have been more descriptive. Ginge starts in full screen mode but borders so you need to go into the gp2x settings to enable "proper" full screen mode - know what i mean? is there a way to make that default everything ginge is started?
Ah, I see. I didn't even know there was such a feature (and I like the borders :p), so I can't comment, I'm afraid.

Also i cant seem to find the correct button to bring up the menu in-emu eg gpfce. How can i bring up the emu menu so i dont need to use Q to quit the emu when i want to load a new rom?
For GPFCE, you need to press the Volume + and - buttons at the same time, which are mapped to . and , in the Pandora version of GINGE. 1 is mapped to the GP2X's stick-click (this is used in conjunction with the shoulder buttons in GPFCE in order to save and load states - 1 and left shoulder saves, 1 and right shoulder loads).

I'd guess this differs between software, so checking the readmes, where available, is probably the way to go. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, yep checked the readme's ;)

Thanks for the tips.

One last question - are the default rompaths configurable for emu's? again for gpfce. I have looked for cfg files in the games folders but cant find anything relevant.

Kyssäselkä said:
Can anybody with pandora test if neko project II works. (sorry if it has been asked before)
I can verify that it works through Ginge on the Wiz. Sorry I don't have a pandora to try it with, but I don't see why it shouldn't work through Ginge on the Pandora if it works through Ginge on the Wiz.

In the latest "One Vid per Day" ED said the commercial version of Payback was working on GINGE... so my questions are these...
If Payback is indeed working, how do you get it working?
Is there a newer release of GINGE that I may have missed that magically have it working...?

For me I try and start Payback from my original Payback SD and I get the Payback logo for a split second and then booted back to XFCE.

PokeParadox said:
In the latest "One Vid per Day" ED said the commercial version of Payback was working on GINGE... so my questions are these...
Is there a newer release of GINGE that I may have missed that magically have it working...?

For me I try and start Payback from my original Payback SD and I get the Payback logo for a split second and then booted back to XFCE.

It only works with the download-version, as the original card is heavily copy-protected.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
PokeParadox said:

It only works with the download-version, as the original card is heavily copy-protected.
Can I get the download version without having to buy it again? O_O

PokeParadox said:
EvilDragon said:
PokeParadox said:

Can I get the download version without having to buy it again? O_O

Send me a mail to shop@gp2x.de

Last edited:
@evildragon: if i buy the Downloadversion of Payback at your chop, and pay whit paypal, can i get the game bevore my other order (pandora) would delifer?

EDIT: Allredy bought it,...

Just a heads up to let you guys know that the latest beta versions of pcxs for wiz doesnt work properly in Ginge anymore (possibly something to do with 15 bit color weirdness on the pandora according to the dev). Everything has completely distorted colors (usually leaning towards green tones). Bit of a bummer now that Syphon filter finally works :(

Lobo said:
Just a heads up to let you guys know that the latest beta versions of pcxs for wiz doesnt work properly in Ginge anymore (possibly something to do with 15 bit color weirdness on the pandora according to the dev). Everything has completely distorted colors (usually leaning towards green tones). Bit of a bummer now that Syphon filter finally works :(
But Notaz just released a native PSX emulator for Pandora so don't Panic! :)

Hi,

@notaz: thanks for the clarification, I forgot the GP32 was not running Linux :rolleyes:

Sorry for the stupid question...

Bye and thanks for the hard work !

Magic Sam

Just started with this... great piece of software.

Using my new Pandora, but my main GP handheld is the Wiz (Have a GP2X, but just couldn't handle that stick!). Is it possible for me to replace the gp2xmenu with the Wiz one? I see the readme says that this should be possible, but it is of course hidden inside the .pnd. Is there any way for me to get into the .pnd and replace it?

I would ideally like to put the 'game' folder from my wiz sd card into the root of my pandora sd card (or in /appdata, for example), and have the .ini files read just the same by the wiz version on gp2xmenu. That would please me no end!

Thanks

Hey notaz, I know you've been hell busy with psx stuff but is there a way to save global config in ginge?
I want to save the 2x screen mode that you can select in the gp2x options

This lets me play Wind and Water again, this time with controls that do not suck. Everything is good in the world. Ta again, notaz!

Back