Beta Gish

Good to know that the music works. Wouldn't want to miss out on the amazing work of Estradasphere.
And it's good news for everyone who bought either of the humble indie bundles. Good work!

Edit: Actually from watching that video it sounds like the music is slowed down a bit. Not sure if it makes much of a difference to people who don't listen to the music lots like I do, but for me it's definitely noticeable.

Pickle, you rock! I didn't like how the game felt when trying to get into it on my laptop, definitely felt like it would work well on the Pandora. Now I wait, a bit less patiently for my replacement Pandora to arrive again.

This is brilliant Pickle!

I hadn't heard of it myself, as I dont play much PC stuff nowadays but I picked a copy up from the makers and it runs great at 800+mhz. The music rocks. I am however finding it hard as hell cos I'm lame. It was a breeze to install too, just copying all the data folders across to the appdata/gish and it ran first time. Many thanks.

Pickle said:
PokeParadox said:
Rocking! Can't wait to play! :)
EDIT: well it seems we don't have the openAL lib on the Pandora...
"Error whilel oading shared libraries: libopenal.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

updated pnd to have the openal lib and now the settings are all set by default (.gish will now be in the appdata folder and not the home dir)

pnd not working all i get is a blank white screen with black lines?, ran it at 810mhz, is the pnd updated?

Last edited by a moderator:
007jaws said:
pnd not working all i get is a blank white screen with black lines?, ran it at 810mhz, is the pnd updated?

Did you copy the data files over, if so try at a lower clock speed.

Theres a new update, the opengl is directly converted to ES functions, the levels look correct and the lighting is better. Thanks to also goes to PokeParadox for help with the conversion.

Edit: latest source is updated too. Links all at the first post.

I only know the Game from the name but it looks interesting. :)
But It also looks to slow for me, especialy at 800MHz OC. It seems to be still a simple 2D game with some sprites and a background. What does eat all the Pandora Power? The little physics thingy? :blink:

Hi,

Just to report that the demo version seems not to work :(

The game starts, there is a white rectangle in the upper left corner...

I can click on "start", select my profile, a new game, difficulty, but then I only have a white screen with "Back" in the upper left corner and "next" in the upper right corner. If I click on "back" I reach the level selection screen, with a big white rectangle in the middle. If I click on "start" I can hear a sound, the screen goes red, I lose a life and I go back to the level selection screen :(

btw, touchscreen loses its calibration quickly...

On a side note, my left nub starts to make a weird noise and feels "sandy" :(

What a day... <_<

Bye, Magic Sam

The touch screen could possible be fixed with the DJWillis workaround...

I think the lighting need fixing a little too... I just ran Gish on my desktop to compare and something's not quite right...
I'll see if I can take a look over the source tomorrow!

EDIT: It's like the lights overlap on Pandora creating lighter spots... On PC it's one level of lightness.

PokeParadox said:

I think the lighting need fixing a little too... I just ran Gish on my desktop to compare and something's not quite right...

yeah ive been wondering about the light, didnt seem right. I hadnt gotten around to trying the pc version. Ill take a second look too.

Pickle said:
PokeParadox said:

yeah ive been wondering about the light, didnt seem right. I hadnt gotten around to trying the pc version. Ill take a second look too.

I've untarred the linux vesion of the files into the gish appdata directory, but after setting cpu speed it just exits. Could it be permissions? I think my SD is FAT32. Is this a problem? Clues?

EdCa22 said:
Pickle said:
PokeParadox said:

I've untarred the linux vesion of the files into the gish appdata directory, but after setting cpu speed it just exits. Could it be permissions? I think my SD is FAT32. Is this a problem? Clues?

check the log in /tmp

Pickle said:
EdCa22 said:

check the log in /tmp

Aha - so that's where stdout goes! Well I guess I did something wrong, because I've got this:

cp: cannot stat `default/*': No such file or directory
cp: `default/..' and `.' are the same file
./gish: line 1: syntax error: "(" unexpected

I can't see a folder called deault anywhere. Do I need to use the windows or mac version, or something else maybe?

I did this:

Download linux version of gish (tarball)
Extract - produces a folder called gish153
Copy contents of gish153 to appdata/gish

I feel like I am missing something fundamental!

Thanks for the help

EdCa22 said:
Pickle said:
EdCa22 said:

check the log in /tmp

Aha - so that's where stdout goes! Well I guess I did something wrong, because I've got this:

I can't see a folder called deault anywhere. Do I need to use the windows or mac version, or something else maybe?

I did this:

Thanks for the help

makes me wonder if the pnd is corrupt
default is directory in the pnd that i use to hold files that i want copied to the appdata folder like config files.

Pickle said:
EdCa22 said:
Pickle said:
EdCa22 said:

check the log in /tmp

I did this:

Thanks for the help

makes me wonder if the pnd is corrupt
default is directory in the pnd that i use to hold files that i want copied to the appdata folder like config files.

I should have quoted the whole runpnd output.. before that there was

not mounted on loop yet, doing so
LoopMountedon:
/dev/loop3
Filetype is Squashfs
sudo mount -t squashfs /dev/loop3
mounting union!
Filesystem is vfat

So I'm still wondering about permissions. But I will try downloading the pnd again and report back...

EDIT: Just downloaded and tried again... same results

Everything is owned by root and I can't change it... I blame FAT32..

Funny thing is that if I run it without data it gives me a white screen with some grey blocks... presumably due to missing sprites... I took a guess and pressed the rightmost one and it exited, so it must be something with my data files.

I will download the windows version and try that. Hope it's a zip file :S

Okay, tried the windows version and it works fine, so don't know what the problem was there.

Thanks, can't wait to start playing!

Back