Global Components did it again :)

Neither Craig nor ED have made any money; they're both in the hole so far (consider working your tail off for 5-6 years, and still being in the hole.)

I think ED will be in the black soon (can you imagine? huuuuuge kudos to ED!), if things continue as is (can you imagine? He needs to hold a huge party whenever that momentous occasion occurs.. think of the stress reduction :)

Anyway, colour all your thoughts by how much stress these guys have carried :)

jeff

Thanks for clearing that up. The whole situation ultimately sucks for everybody. In that context I can see why things are working the way that they are. At this point thanks to CC, I don't think there is a solution to this which is going to be truly fair for anybody.

And don't forget that while we sometimes get a bit annoyed or frustrated that we do appreciate the work that you have put into keeping things alive.

The whole situation ultimately sucks for everybody

I think the whole pandora project is a positive one; its spawned some great software, some great hardware, and brought a whole bunch of awesome people together.

It hasn't all worked out right, but thats partly because the transparency provided by OP team lets us see problems as they arise

again, there could be more transparency/feedback/consultation, but its far better than most other tech companies

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want to see ED make a profit one of these days. It would be nice to see.

Well, whenever you try to do something good you will be going into a debt that takes many years to pay off.

Unless you're already filthy rich ofcourse, in which case you're only sacrificing a part of your wealth.

But in the long run you can work your way back most of the time as long as you don't give up. It's even possible to end up rich.

The good news is that people who earn money doing bad things put a debt on themselves they can never pay back in this life. It's just not measured in money.

The whole situation ultimately sucks for everybody

I think the whole pandora project is a positive one; its spawned some great software, some great hardware, and brought a whole bunch of awesome people together.

It hasn't all worked out right, but thats partly because the transparency provided by OP team lets us see problems as they arise

again, there could be more transparency/feedback/consultation, but its far better than most other tech companies

On the whole it's a good thing. And at this point, they may as well not ship mine until next year as I won't actually get to use it until then. If there were a way of being assured that I would get mine when I arrive home, I would voluntarily ask to be bumped down the queue a bit. I'm not comfortable with my unit having to go throught that many country's customs and the the Chinese postal service before arriving in my hands if I'm lucky

Some things need to be set correctly here.

1. I never founded a new company, Craig and me had different companies from the very beginning.

2. The units that are being made from the profit of the new 600MHz units are equally shared between me and Craig. So yes, he is getting free units. And to those who think this is unfair as Craig had more preorders left: I bought off all parts from Craigs company. My company is completely paying the production. My company took a credit of 350,000 EUR (the investors) to keep going. From a business point of view, it's totally crazy what my company does: Basically my company had the deal with Craigs company that my company gets 800 Pandoras and Craigs company gets 4000 LCDs for that. My company provided it, Craigs company didn't (thanks to CC). So from a business point of view, my company had to take a credit because Craigs company couldn't deliver the paid goods. Craigs company basically owes my company money, and still my company bought off the parts from his one and sends him free Pandoras.

So from a business point of view, my company is doing crazy things. Instead of sending free units, it should try to get the money back instead. Craigs company had the deal with CC, my company only had a deal with Craigs. So while Craigs company could sue CC, my company could actually try to sue Craigs company.

Good. Now let's use human sense: While this is the situation of both our companies, both you and I know very well that it was CC leading to these issues, not Craig and not his company. We worked on the Pandora together. I want to support both you and Craig. So I'm not going to behave like an idiot and only try to keep my company alive, I'm also trying to keep Craigs company alive. That's why I share units made from the profit with him. Is that what you call unfair?

3. The only difference are the 1GHz units. Craig wanted to sell them himself and I can't afford to send him these additional units for free. So he can buy the 1GHz units for production costs and his company keeps the profit. With that profit he can do whatever he wants. He already funded 10 more units for his classic preorders and A LOT of refunds with the profit he made so far on the 1GHz units.

Refunds also make the remaining queue smaller, but not in an order. As long as Craig pays production costs of his 1GHz units to me, I will deliver them to him.

So basically:

Rebirth units: Each 3 units sold fund one preorder, equally shared to Craig and me.

1GHz unit: Craigs sales fund his old orders, my sales fund my old orders.

I think personally EvilDragon is doing a great job and its good to see how you are helping Craig out instead of going down the other road like so many other companies.

I'm glad that I upgraded to the 1Ghz model to help out and hope many others do the same.

:D

Hopefully people will stop posting negative comments cause in the end it just adds extra stress which is counter productive in the long run.

I have been on the list waiting for years just like everyone else.

Hopefully we'll see more positive encouragements for Craig and EvilDragon as I know they are doing their best despite the crappy obstacles hurled at them.

;)

Keep up the great work guys.

I think retro games are like a good wine:

They 're getting better each year i wait for the bottle opener ;)

And, I have yet to see anything like the Pandora. Which just goes to show how ahead of time the units were that even now there're not really competing with anybody else. It's just a shame that I can't afford the 1ghz version.

And, I have yet to see anything like the Pandora. Which just goes to show how ahead of time the units were that even now there're not really competing with anybody else. It's just a shame that I can't afford the 1ghz version.

The coolest thing that runs Linux in my option !

Back