Release GLQuake-ES

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=glquake.pickle

rpi build:

thread: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=37398&p=311436#p311436

file: pickle.gp2x.de/glquake

I started with the official ID software and started tinking on it from there and its fast.

Fixed up texture loading and releasing

All textures are converted to 5551 or 565 formats for less memory footprint and faster processing

Triangle Fans and Strips are merged as much into single triangle draw calls

Other geometry is combined into less draw commands.

GL redundant state checkers

Uses latest picklelauncher and eglport.

Fixed up warnings from the original source.

It still has some small graphical glitches. And the 1 Ghz models may have texture issues depending on the driver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Pickle thanks.

A couple of issues though.  picklelauncher is not full screen.  This I can fix easily.

when I start the game I see small blank window in top left corner and then game screen is small and in the bottom left corner.  How do I make this fullscreen.

PND not starting for me at all, I'm using a 1 gig with the beta kernal and graphics driver. Here's the output file:

=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/SANDISK32A/pandora/menu/GLQuake.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : ISO
APPDATADIR      : /media/SANDISK32A/pandora/appdata/quake1
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : run.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/quake1"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/SANDISK32A/pandora/appdata/quake1=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/quake1=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/quake1"
[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application (run.sh ) ----------
cp: `default/..' and `.' are the same file
Starting PickleLauncher Version v0.21.
Running from '/mnt/utmp/quake1/' as 'picklelauncher'
Loading config.
Loading ziplist.
Initializing SDL.
SDL initialized.
Loading profile.
Error: cmdpath= not found
Error: Loading command from profile.txt
Failed to load profile
Closing TTF fonts.
Quitting TTF.
Quitting SDL.
Quitting PickleLauncher Version v0.21.
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application (run.sh ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/quake1': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 5

If you used the previous zquake, You have to remove the picklelauncher files from quake1 directory (ie. config.txt profile.txt) as the 2 apps don't seem to be compatible.

Edit: Maybe just remove the profile as its the one your pnd out is complaining about.

Darkplaces is a modernized quake engine using opengl-es 2.0 (shaders). glquake is the original engine. Use which ever you like ;-)

I screwed up on updating the profile.txt, i have the correct one on my pandora, but not in the pnd. I will fix it up tonight.

I can also freshen up the zquake so it works side by side.

I'll try removing the profile as advised and see how I get on! Never had much look getting Darkplaces to run though, only gives me a white screen with the Quake HUD(and the game running behind, but not visibly!)

Just cleared out those profiles, now the game runs, in a window that's a quarter of the screen, but it's progress at least! :)

To get fullscreen add to profile.txt

extarg=-width;0;800;800
Code:
extarg=-height;0;480;480
Exactly where do you add this?? in a .txt folder or right next to profile.txt?  

oic it made 2 of them,,,sorry.

Last edited:
In the appdata folder quake1 there should be a file called profile.txt, and it should have some other extarg's. Just copy them below the existing ones. If you still cant get it just hang on till tonight when i can release the fixed version.

How well does it control? I never found the other various quakes to be playable ..

Oh man, now I need to go play Q3A .. weeee :)

jeff

In the appdata folder quake1 there should be a file called profile.txt, and it should have some other extarg's. Just copy them below the existing ones. If you still cant get it just hang on till tonight when i can release the fixed version.
No other extarg's in the appdata>quake 1 folder. I made up the 2 as directed but no go. Every time I go to open the pnd then close it another profile.txt pops up in the quake 1 folder :blink:   and the extarg's for W and H are above the new text.file.

Hope that makes sense ? I'll wait for later. ;)

Last edited:

extarg=-width;0;800;800
Code:
extarg=-height;0;480;480
Thanks pickle that seemed to do the trick.  Not a lot of time to try now, will later.
Tiniest quake i ever played :)  Sorry for the 2 posts.
Yes, and it works great.  The only difference I noticed it that hover game that works on this seems to kick me out after a while.  That didn't happen in zquake that I noticed anyway.

Edit: Also, different is that menu is still small this way unlike in zquake.

extarg=-width;0;800;800
Code:
extarg=-height;0;480;480
Pickle I did not know I had to go to THUNAR file manager to add extarg files this!! Works great now in fullscreen glory!! :D  

I was adding extarg files directly on sd card in mass storage.  :unsure:  

Last edited:
Back