Release GLQuake-ES

Well i found the cause of the rendering bug in the explosions. I goofed the particle rendering slightly. So thats fixed now.

I also switched from a static allocated vertex buffer to a dynamic growing buffer. The buffer size is saved to the condfig so it can remember the last size. This fixed some crashes I saw with the malice mod. It uses much more vertex info than vanilla quake.

Im still trying to figure out the joystick mode for the nubs, once done the next release will come.

Edit: just released a rasp pi version, check the first post for the links

Last edited by a moderator:
hello!

I am not able to launch the app. this problem was happening with the previous version too. after the update I decided to ask for help.

I tried lots of idfferent configurations but no one seems to work. already deleted all the configuration files from its appdata folder, but no luck.

I am using a 1ghz pandora. and I only have the shareware files (no luck finding my quake 1 cd :( )

here is the log:

=======================================================================================

PND : /media/pandorasd/pandora/menu/GLQuake.pnd

PND_FSTYPE : ISO

APPDATADIR : /media/pandorasd/pandora/appdata/quake1

APPDD_FSTYPE : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED : <unset>

EXENAME : run.sh

ARGUMENTS : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -o ro "/dev/loop1" "/mnt/utmp/quake1"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/pandorasd/pandora/appdata/quake1=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/quake1=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/quake1"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application ( run.sh ) ----------

cp: `default/..' and `.' are the same file

sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

Error: You must have the registered version to use modified games

Added packfile ./id1/pak0.pak (339 files)

Playing shareware version.

Starting PickleLauncher Version v0.21.

Running from '/mnt/utmp/quake1/' as 'picklelauncher'

Loading config.

Loading ziplist.

Initializing SDL.

SDL initialized.

Loading profile.

Closing TTF fonts.

Quitting TTF.

Quitting SDL.

Quitting PickleLauncher Version v0.21.

[sUCCESS]--- Starting the application ( run.sh ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/quake1': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 2

there is something happening after loading the profile (i think) but no error messages...

Thanks for posting here, its much easier to post logs and such.

So if you look you can notice:

Im pretty sure that is the cause and if you get the full retail data then it will work. If can get a legal electronic copy from ID store direct or the Steam store.

It may be that the binary can work with the sharware, but maybe not with the way i execute if with the launcher. You could try removing the lines in profile.txt that load mods. I think it was -game.

Im pretty sure that is the cause and if you get the full retail data then it will work. If can get a legal electronic copy from ID store direct or the Steam store.

It may be that the binary can work with the sharware, but maybe not with the way i execute if with the launcher. You could try removing the lines in profile.txt that load mods. I think it was -game.
Aaaah this is the same error I get!

I have my files from Steam but it gives me this same message... :-|| I'll try that profile.txt suggestion.

I think you need to launch this stuff once on steam before it'll actually work

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh right! removing the extargs line with the -game parameter fixed the problem! Thank you

I noticed that line but since it says "Playing shareware version." , I just assumed it wasnt the problem :)

Back